Entertaining GT Vs. ZR1 discussion on another forum

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I think most corvette owners got it right, hell if some one post it up here which car would be better a ford gt or a coenigsegg/carrera gt, I would pick the conigsegg/carrera in a heart beat. Im not saying its a fair comparison between ta GT and a ZR1. but one is head and shoulders above the other. and I particularly dont undrestand this performance issue that is always brought up. so what if the zr1 is slightly faster, I can take a miata and for half the price of a zr1 can make it run circles around it, both on track and in straight line! when i showed up to an all corvette event which I was invited to by a corvett owner I never expected to be as welll recieved as I was, I showed up late and they were about to take their annual cruise picture and when they saw me pull up the all asked me if I would like to be right smack in the middle of their picture!!!! so my shock I told them that I was very flattered and it would be my pleasure. needless to say now the only time I make fun of corvette owners is when Im with DoctorV8. :lol

headeranddyno011.jpg

headeranddyno017.jpg

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
:confusedA lot of this becomes a Chevy vs. Ford emotional war. Growing up, my Dad drove a Chevy Pickup, said Chevy's were the best. So too, I become a Chevy man. I've always loved Corvettes, but the FGT consistently made my jaw drop. And then, there is the whole GT40 American "can do, what you put you mind to" history. How can you not love a Ford, even bought a mustang for my son. Still a Chevy man, but drive Fords.... except the wife, she stuck on those german cars

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I have paid $100,000 for more than one Viper. You can get a ZR1 for $105-$109,000 on a good day. As a Ford GT engineer once said "we could have made the GT for $100,000 but you would not have liked it as much."

Kind of says it all from me when I compare driving a Viper or ZR1 to driving a GT.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'm not real brand loyal. A car has got to "touch" me emotionally. The Ford GT definitely hits the spot. When it comes to GM, their modern offering of sportscars just doesn't do it for me whether it is a Vette or a Camaro. Perhaps there are too many of them and the product is too diluted. I looked hard at the ZR-1 but just couldn't pull the trigger. I do however love the older GM cars and therefore own 2 big block Vette's (a 67 and a 69). Those cars are iconic and also are appreciating assets. My recent GM acquisitions are a 70 1/2 Ram Air III Trans AM and a 74 455 Super Duty TA (probably the last muscle car). Both will be fun to own and drive with some upside in the future now that Pontiac is done. As for foreign exotics, anything modern depreciates like a rock including Ferrari's. I thought I got a smokin' deal on my 360 CS and they have dropped another 15-20% in value in the last 18 months. There is always going to be another model out with several thousand units produced annually. If you accept depreciation, then a 458 is definitely better than a Scud which is better than a 430 etc., etc. The old paradigm of flipping a Ferrari for a profit does not exist anymore. If I get another Ferrari it is going to be an Enzo era car like a Daytona or a 330 or 365 GTC.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I think most corvette owners got it right, hell if some one post it up here which car would be better a ford gt or a coenigsegg/carrera gt, I would pick the conigsegg/carrera in a heart beat. Im not saying its a fair comparison between ta GT and a ZR1. but one is head and shoulders above the other. and I particularly dont undrestand this performance issue that is always brought up. so what if the zr1 is slightly faster, I can take a miata and for half the price of a zr1 can make it run circles around it, both on track and in straight line! when i showed up to an all corvette event which I was invited to by a corvett owner I never expected to be as welll recieved as I was, I showed up late and they were about to take their annual cruise picture and when they saw me pull up the all asked me if I would like to be right smack in the middle of their picture!!!! so my shock I told them that I was very flattered and it would be my pleasure. needless to say now the only time I make fun of corvette owners is when Im with DoctorV8. :lol

Hey, I spot my old Viper in that last picture.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
some guy on the cobra forum thinks the gt is a poser car!:rofl

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas

It is. I pose with a big smile on my face every time I get in it.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Is that the guy who claimed it is not a Ford since it was not assembled on a normal factory assembly line?

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I leased a 2000 C5 Convertible back in 2000, the car was a rip to drive, got lots of thumbs up from old and young alike. I had no problems with the car other than the dealers inability to properly fix a recurring headlight problem (think that's why they got rid of the flip-ups!) and the radio buttons wear. At the end of the lease I couldn't wait to get out of the car, it just wasn't doing it for me. I test drove the C4-S Convertible, the Maserati Spider and the NSX. I got the NSX and when the lease was up, I couldn't let it go, I extended the lease for 6 months, still couldn't let it go, I bought the car and as of now, it's the longest I've ever owned a car (almost 8 years), it still puts a smile on my face after 55,000 miles of trouble free driving. In June of this year I bought the GT and the smile hasn't left my face yet (although I do frown alot now as it's not being driven lately), the car had 4,000 miles on it and now sits with over 8,000 miles. The NSX only got about 1500 miles this summer. I hope that these two cars stay in my garage for as long as I'm driving, compare that to the Vette, well there is no comparison. I still get thumbs ups on the NSX as it's a "rare" car and not often seen around here, but compare that to people falling out of their cars to try and take a picture of the GT, well here there's no comparison either. I did get "thumbs up" on the Vette, but nobody ever approached me like they do when I'm in the GT. I didn't get the car for the attention it draws from others, I got it for me, and it was the right choice. To the people that enjoy their Vettes and other cars, I just hope that they get the same amount of enjoyment from their choices as I(we) get from ours!!!

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Another interesting Ford GT vs thread... this time it's the Diablo

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306448

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This thread bring up one of the primary reasons I started this website. Got tired of reading silly internet comparisons participated in by people that have little or no experience with the GT. Some will like it, some will not, with most it's irrelevant because they don't and won't own one.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
GM SUCKS AND THE NEW VETE LOOKS M/Fing UGLY.................GTJOEY1314

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
:agree: GTJoey +1

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007

Which is a classic example of why I don't waste my time on Cobra forums with the exception of the Team Shelby site.

DBK: Is that the California Governor in your Avatar or is younger twin brother enjoying some sort of "religious experience"? No wonder California is F'd up. Sheesh.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Is that the California Governor in your Avatar or is younger twin brother enjoying some sort of "religious experience"? No wonder California is F'd up. Sheesh.

Quiz of the day, what is the title of the movie staring two actors who both later became governors?

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Quiz of the day, name the movie staring two actors who both later became governors?

Cheech & Chong?

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
PREDATOR!!!
Schwarzenegger and MN's own Jesse Ventura!

What do I win?:banana

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
PREDATOR!!!
MN's own Jesse Ventura!

Please don't remind us.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
djs wins the the "I am smarter than Sam" award!

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
:agree: GTJoey +1

+2