C7 Z06 performance stats

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
50 miles...if you're referring to the factory 'rev limiter' that was in play 'til then...

So you never really drove your car at its full potential. :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
So you never really drove your car at its full potential. :lol

"Were I like thee, I'd throw away myself" (- The Bard)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Death, taxes and the Der Bunker parody video. . . .all inevitable.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nvBxmwCUVgU[/video]

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"I have to modify a 650 hp car, to beat a 640 hp car? Nonsense!"

:lol:lol:lol

(I noticed no one bothered to correct him on the Viper's hp...'supposed to be 645 now, isn't it?...advertised hp, anyway. 'Vid may have been made B4 the 'upgrade'?)

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I remember this like it was yesterday. My initial reaction was this proposal was totally ridiculous and took a lot of damn gaul. It seemed like it could be a funny political cartoon, the mighty GM crawling to Ford on their knees begging. I would have enjoyed being at that meeting, with my two cents, twisting the knife in. I am a Ford guy, but all brands have great cars, I would love to have a few them in my stable, but growing up in a really small town, being the only Ford guy in the dark days of the drought for Ford performance, and catching hell in a sea of Chevy people, I could never buy one. During that time of GM 's cry for help I was overjoyed at hearing this, the only regret I have is I should have bought all the Ford stock i could grab, at 75 cents then, I would have made a killing.

I'll buy almost anything. Specracer also buys other brands. He just got a new BMW M4.

I've had a couple Corvettes but I think it's unlikely that I'll ever be interested in purchasing another GM product based on the institutionalized corporate behavior exhibited in the last 10 years.

The most illustrative example I can give is that prior to the bankruptcy, GM was broke and staring down the barrel of the gun. The CEO of GM put together a meeting with Bill Ford and Alan Mullaly at Ford WHQ, in which he told them the companies should merge. While it was the CEO from the RenCen coming to Ford in desperate need of a savior (i.e looking to steal their cash horde), he made it clear that it would be GM, as the self-proclaimed 800-lb gorilla in town, in charge of this newly formed company. Shockingly, Mulally said "uh, no thanks."

All I can say is that being from Detroit and being up close and personal with the auto industry, not a lot has changed since then. Certainly not as much as they portray. I think they make some nice cars, but the way they run their business makes owning one totally unappealing to me.