C7 Z06 performance stats

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
There are 3 pedaled Z06's.....

There is NOTHING wrong with this car, but its a Vette. If it was a Ford I would have ordered one years ago.

However I have one wish, that that is manuals continue for those who want and will buy them. As you know, got a new M3, with 3 pedals. Mustangs seem to be safe for a bit.

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Just remember, you had ONE wish.... :biggrin

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I love the billboard blurring. :lol

Have you driven a Ford....Lately?

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
There are 3 pedaled Z06's.....

There is NOTHING wrong with this car, but its a Vette. If it was a Ford I would have ordered one years ago.

However I have one wish, that that is manuals continue for those who want and will buy them. As you know, got a new M3, with 3 pedals. Mustangs seem to be safe for a bit.
You would buy if it if it was a Ford? Really? Ford doesn't make a car close to a Vette, but if it it had the Ford brand on it, you'd buy it? Personally, there isn't a Ford I like, including Ford trucks...the GT is the only Ford I like. My Z06 is 10 times what Mustang will ever be! Can't wait to get a C7 Z06! And it will be an A8

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
You would buy if it if it was a Ford? Really? . . . Personally, there isn't a Ford I like, including Ford trucks...the GT is the only Ford I like.

Pot meet kettle.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Corvettes are really great cars

The smiles to miles and grins when walking to/from never stop

29 mpg and parts pin volume pricing keeps repairs low; not to mention the liberal
3yr warranty and low priced 7yr/100Kmi GMPP extended warranty $2K

Blonde magnet too

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have 10 ford vehicles, my dad has 20+, its my opinion, that doesn't make any sense, but I'll never buy a Chevy. I'm sure you have opinions that others think does not make any sense.

You would buy if it if it was a Ford? Really? Ford doesn't make a car close to a Vette, but if it it had the Ford brand on it, you'd buy it?

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
...its my opinion, that doesn't make any sense, but I'll never buy a Chevy.

I'm giving you an E high five. :biggrin

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I have 10 ford vehicles, my dad has 20+, its my opinion, that doesn't make any sense, but I'll never buy a Chevy. I'm sure you have opinions that others think does not make any sense.

I get that. Brand loyalty thing. But, I buy what I like Ferrari, Ford, GM, Dodge, Porsche, Lamborghini, Hummer, Range Rover, Lexus, Mclaren....ect. I am more of a car guy. I respect most car brands. And they all can have Lemons. I haven't owned a Corvette since my Dads L98 1990 6 speed. But, I have to say GM has come a long way in terms of performance.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...I buy what I like...

+1

Were that not the case, I'd never have bought 1/2 the cars I've owned...one of which being my FGT.

Being a slave to one single brand is just far too 'limiting' IMHO.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
C7 ZO6 hovering around the $100K mark has some serious performance attributes you can hardly get anywhere else for that kind of dough.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll buy almost anything. Specracer also buys other brands. He just got a new BMW M4.

I've had a couple Corvettes but I think it's unlikely that I'll ever be interested in purchasing another GM product based on the institutionalized corporate behavior exhibited in the last 10 years.

The most illustrative example I can give is that prior to the bankruptcy, GM was broke and staring down the barrel of the gun. The CEO of GM put together a meeting with Bill Ford and Alan Mullaly at Ford WHQ, in which he told them the companies should merge. While it was the CEO from the RenCen coming to Ford in desperate need of a savior (i.e looking to steal their cash horde), he made it clear that it would be GM, as the self-proclaimed 800-lb gorilla in town, in charge of this newly formed company. Shockingly, Mulally said "uh, no thanks."

All I can say is that being from Detroit and being up close and personal with the auto industry, not a lot has changed since then. Certainly not as much as they portray. I think they make some nice cars, but the way they run their business makes owning one totally unappealing to me.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
To elaborate, not totally sucking down all the "kool aid", have had or have, jeep, Audi, BMW, dodge, and Honda. Currently have 4 bmw's. These are daily driver status, vs something to collect, and enjoy. But still wouldn't buy a Chevy.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I've always tried to stay with American stuff...'have owned several Chevs, Fords, Chrys, Plymouths, Dodges, Caddies, etc. ...but these days, in truth, no car "made in the USA" is anywhere near 100% "American made" as we all know. (I've been told the Corvette is thee exception to that rule...but, I have my doubts.) So, the fact that I've also owned cars like BMW & Honda, etc., doesn't bother me in the least.

(Shoot...Budweiser BEER isn't even "American" anymore. :facepalm:)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I like the dosmetic stuff for many reasons, not the least of which is the relatively low cost to keep them on the road. My wife's JCW Mini Cooper, while a hugely fun car to drive, is the second biggest POS I've ever owned. The biggest was the first JCW Mini we had. The fact that we bought another one is a testament to the driving enjoyment they provide. However, our experience with these cars prevent me from ever seriously considering an expensive BMW. That, and it's an orthodontist's car. lol

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The most illustrative example I can give is that prior to the bankruptcy, GM was broke and staring down the barrel of the gun. The CEO of GM put together a meeting with Bill Ford and Alan Mullaly at Ford WHQ, in which he told them the companies should merge. While it was the CEO from the RenCen coming to Ford in desperate need of a savior (i.e looking to steal their cash horde), he made it clear that it would be GM, as the self-proclaimed 800-lb gorilla in town, in charge of this newly formed company. Shockingly, Mulally said "uh, no thanks."

Interesting. I was unaware of this happening.

It is very reminiscent of the Boeing/McDonnell Douglas merger (Boeing coming to the rescue of M-D). They still call it Boeing, but it is really M-D. They just got all Boeing's money, their current line up of aircraft and 40 years of R&D. They generously let them keep the name.

I would have guessed Mulally shared this experience with the Ford family.

The sad joke out here is M-D bought Boeing using Boeing's money.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Bill Ford was at the meeting when it happened.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I like the dosmetic stuff for many reasons, not the least of which is the relatively low cost to keep them on the road. My wife's JCW Mini Cooper, while a hugely fun car to drive, is the second biggest POS I've ever owned. The biggest was the first JCW Mini we had. The fact that we bought another one is a testament to the driving enjoyment they provide. However, our experience with these cars prevent me from ever seriously considering an expensive BMW. That, and it's an orthodontist's car. lol

+1 on the American vehicles, plus I feel a sense of pride driving them in todays world.

+1 On the MINI. Bought an "S" new in 03'. Very fun to drive, biggest piece of garbage I ever owned. Made the MGB I owned in college seem like "ole' Reliable".

Every 6-9 months the MINI needed $3-4K in repairs. The last straw was when the supercharger expired at 6x,xxx miles because it used up all it's oil. It is engineered that way. It is a non-serviceable piece.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Bill Ford was at the meeting when it happened.

Yeah, I caught that, I was just hypothesizing that Mullaly shared the experience, not that it needed to be shared for the Ford family to make the decision.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
However, our experience with these cars prevent me from ever seriously considering an expensive BMW. That, and it's an orthopaedist's car. lol

FTFY. :wink
I DD'd an M5 for 4 years. Then I had an 08' MiniS for a while. Aside from the goofy gauges and a rattling windshield wiper above 80mph, it was a fantastic car. Great clutch. For the sake of space, I moved on to an Audi avant (in a hard to find 6 speed:thumbsup) then an STi. But then back to a BMW which I've had for 2 years. Although it also has 3 pedals, it's bit soul-crushing (as any 'practical' DD tends to be). But it's comfortable and reliable.

Back on topic. New SVT variant Mustang or new Z06/7? Price points and power output seem to be disparate thus far, so I'll have to reserve judgement until the GT500 platform comes out. As it stands today, I'd have to take the Zed. Me wants bad.