Book at the Ritz-Carlton please

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Chip,
SSV is fine with kids and that's where the bulk of the assembly occurs. If you've seen the audio-pictorial tour on Edmunds.com, the vast majority is there. As of my talk with Wixom yesterday, they said you can't enter the facility unless you are 18 or older. I'm meeting again Friday and I'll continue towards finding a way to get your sons(and others) in. I understand why they have a limit and all, but I'm hopeful we can get an exception for this one day.

Thanks,
Dave

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Booked !

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dave-

How many rooms have been booked? Are we out of the woods yet?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I talked to Shelby on the 11th and we had 31 booked, so we should be gettin close. I have nearly 60 registration forms, so I highly doubt we'll run into trouble. :cheers

I'm going out to Dearborn tomorrow to meet with some of the GT guys to talk about planning more cool events. :biggrin

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
I am in

Tungsten from Atlanta is registered.
We will fly in.
Don

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
kids at Wixom

Everyone is correct about the folks at Ford not allowing kids in at Wixom. Good luck to DBK at working through it. Do not let it make anyone decide not to come as the SSV plant is actually where these cars are made. They of course not only allow kids but they welcome them (of all ages). The people there are absolutely fantastic. If we find that there are a number of kids that can't get in at Wixom then I will work with DBK and GTJoey to set up a kids event while everyone else goes to Wixom. The Henry Ford has an IMAX theater and several great shows right now. At the very least, we found a Chuck-E-Cheese's pizza place not too far away when we were there last month. Most kids love that place even though they have some of the worst Pizza I have ever had. (And that comes from someone that never met a pizza he did not like). DBK let me know how it comes out in your meetings so that we can start planning something if need be. K-P :thumbsup

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
PD is booked 9th - 13th and can't wait!! PD :cheers

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Tiger 6 is booked 9-13.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I'll be in town the week before and the Mon./Tues. before our rally, staying downtown. I'll plan to meet all at the Ritz Wednesday evening, very much looking forward to it. Thanks again to GTJoey and DBK for the enthusiasm and hard work!! :banana

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Ritz Carlton

I am in from the 9th to 13th.

Planning on trailering with GTJoey.

Since it is a Ford-related event I should drive to Dearborn in my Lightning but the Magnaflows make the GT sound quiet.

Haven't been to Dearborn since 2000 when the I took the family to see the Henry Ford museum and Greenfield village. Watching the reaction on people's faces when I told them I spent my summer vacation in Detroit was almost as much fun as the trip itself.

NJGT

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Just left you some messages my friend , call when you get some time, thanks gtjoey :thumbsup

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
Booked it!

OK!

I just booked two rooms for Aug 9th - 13th.

Can't wait!

valart

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
Madrid, SPAIN
booked 2 rooms. Can't wait either. :thumbsup

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Two rooms booked! Let me know if you need any help setting things up!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Bigs, i will be there monday so lets see when we get there, thanks, when are you arRiving? gtjoey 1314 :thumbsup

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
Sorry I don't have the time to read what has been written so I may be repeating something. When the viper club gets together for events they each throw 50$ into a pot and hire a police officer in the local area to monitor the parking lot where their cars are parked. Just a thought.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Is that 50 Canadian or American?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Unfortunatley - the CAN$ is almost equal to the US$

But still worth the peace of mind.......

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
American. But it covered overnight on one or two nights I was told. So you could sleep well knowing your car was relatively safe. Well worth it if I were going. But I am not :frown

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
canuck, we will have a private secured , cameras,wall enclosed,24 hr.guard area, as of now ,dbk says it will cost around 365 each for the week. i will confirm prices with dbk , see what we can do. thanks gtjoey :thumbsup