3M Clear Bra

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Nope, just proud they covered my pale white car with lots of red, just like you see in all the ads. I can't wait to meet all you guys in Detroit.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Is this 3M Clear Bra available by internet ordering, telephone??? Where do you get this film? Anyone in So Cal recommend someone to install it?

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
fjpikul

Where did you purchase the bra from? Online, by telephone ??? Web site or can you put contact info here?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
AtomicGT.. here is the link to the speed bra with a photo of the one made for my GT and all the contact info.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Atomic, It was delivered Friday, but the weather here around St. Louis didn't cooperate. I want to wash and wax the GT before installing the bra as recommended. I called in my order. Number is on the website. Talk to Rich. I ordered the bra, mirror covers and a license plate holder (removable) and cost was $1K. Mine is red/white stripes. Looks extremely well made and the backing is flannel. There are plastic covers for the lights and foglights, and mesh for all the vents and grill. Unfotunately I'm out of town all week, so install has to wait till next weekend. The Speedlingerie.com website has all the info, just nothing specific to the GT yet, but all the directions are the same.

IwantaGT

Apr 5, 2006
Texas
I know a LOT of you are protecting the front of the cars, but after the track event we found out some areas they film manufactures didn't get. The areas in FRONT of the REAR wheels need to be covered as well as the whole bottom half of the sides. The front tires throw up a LOT debris.....and I'd look into getting these areas as well. :thumbsup

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
lthlvpr said:
I have a Llumar protective film kit going on tomorrow. It is much more optically clear than the 3M. I had 3M on other cars. Nothing wrong with it, but it has an orange peel effect and seems to be noticeably more apparent than the Llumar.

I will post some pics when done.
Where can I find a Llumer kit for the GT?

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
IwantaGT said:
I know a LOT of you are protecting the front of the cars, but after the track event we found out some areas they film manufactures didn't get. The areas in FRONT of the REAR wheels need to be covered as well as the whole bottom half of the sides. The front tires throw up a LOT debris.....and I'd look into getting these areas as well. :thumbsup

These guys provide pre-cut 3M film for those areas.
http://www.vacleartech.com/index.htm
(I have no financial interest in this product and make no claims as to suitability or effectiveness) :banana

Rong

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2006
The best in So. Cal

I have had multiple cars done by Enrico, owner of Modern Image in San Diego. He is absolutely the best at applying this material but he is not inexpensive. Anyone considering doing clear protection to their car is welcome to inspect his work on my GT.

sandiegored

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2006
Rong is right on! Enrico's work is the best and not inexpensive. He has also done multiple GT's already and has a very good feel for where the product should be applied. I also have many friends who have their exotics done by him and their cars look fabulous. My advice is, do not take the cheapest price when it comes to this application, you will get what you pay for.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Does Enrico only work at his place or will he come to your house?

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
though not in my area, I am curious as to which product he is using.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
sandiegored,

Got a number for Enrico? I am in West LA. How long does this take to apply? Does he come up to LA to do any work?

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
I can add to the praise for Enrico. He did my car and did excellent work. I believe that he uses the 3M film. He has his own patterns for the GT and cuts all the film himself so there is no leadtime for getting the material. He will come to your place, but he prefers to work out of the shop. I can also confirm that he isn't cheap. Here is the link to his shop, http://www.mishield.com/

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
I wonder if they make a fire retardent film? :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Craig, And how did you resolve the "Hot Dog Burner" incident?

Last edited:

sandiegored

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2006
AtomicGT,
His # is 858-408-0744. He turned my car around in about a day and a half. I know he does a lot of "out of town cars" but I think most of them come to him. I am sure he will accomodate you. Very nice guy and fair.