North Carolina
Good Luck and be safe Chip and Charlie!

Hope you fill the dance card

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
ChipBeck
Please put us on the list for Scottsdale. We'll probably hook up with TimCantwell a couple days earlier. We'll be taking our truck, trailer and car to Vegas, as we will be staying in Vegas a few days after the GT event. Not sure of plans, but will definitely see you in Scottsdale.

Tony, looking forward to seeing you in Scottsdale ! :cheers

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
Hi Chip,

This certainly sounds like a can't miss good time.

We'll be there. Wouldn't want to miss it.

2 guys and 1 GTX1
:cheers

Thanks,

Peter & Howard

2006 Tungsten #395 - GTX1 #55
formerly PMC

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
Hotel reservations made - Sunday - Wednesday. We will have the car shipped, should it arrive before us should we plan to have it shipped to you Chip? I think I like that better than to the Hotel.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Peter, Chip is in Africa hunting for the next three weeks. It is my understanding that all deliveries will be made to his storage lot where all the trailers will be kept. I don't know where this is at, so please wait for him to get back. FJP

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
Thanks Frank. I saw that he was gone and figure I'd simple await his return to get the details ironed out.

We're looking forward to the Rally to the Rally. It will be great to cruise together like we did for the first one.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hotel booked

Scottsdale here we come :willy

2 guys from CPH (Søren and Anders)

We will not be in a real GT :wink

See you :cheers
Anders

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Need a ride from PHX to LAS

I just finalized my plans for the trip to Las Vegas. As most of you know, we will be able to have two GT's at the Scottsdale "pre-rally", but we are only able to participate in the Wednesday night cocktail party and Bony's dinner Wednesday night in Vegas, as Kim, Garrett and I are catching a flight from Vegas to Indianapolis to see the Moto GP races there. The three of us need to catch an empty seat from Arizona to Vegas on Wednesday. If we can muster seats in GT's, trucks, etc. we would be grateful. We really want to be in the thick of the caravan to Vegas. If there are not enough seats, we will rent a one-way car to Vegas to drive out with the entourage. Let me know if you have any empty seat.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Tim, your crew is more than welcome to pull up a couch in my rig it you can't find right hand seats.:thumbsup
We won't be the fastest but we will be in the thick of it.

Trent

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Show Me The Money!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Tim, your crew is more than welcome to pull up a couch in my rig it you can't find right hand seats.:thumbsup
We won't be the fastest but we will be in the thick of it.

Trent

Thanks Trent. We may very well take you up on your offer, as a truck is probably better for the three of us. Tony Nowak may be staying at my house for a couple of days. I may volunteer to drive his truck, so he can drive his GT. We will definitely talk prior to our departure. Have a safe trip to Scottsdale.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Show Me The Money!

Hell Frank you just bought the rest of him on the "bike" thread. You should arrange transport for your newest asset! :lol

Sorry to say that I have to bail on Pre-rally and rally this year. Taking 14 days off right in the middle of this is just not possible for me this year. Am attending SEMA ... anyone else making that show?

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Have not missed a SEMA show in 15 years. I'll be there :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
We've registered with SEMA and have 'reserveeze' for air & hotel as well. But, since we'll be in 'Vegas 9/22-9/29 too, I'm not real sure whether we're going to feel like turning right around and flying right back to attend that event. 'Depends on our "recoupe" powers I guess.

I waffle more than Obama nowdays...:frown

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
we will be attend SEMA and staying over for Cigar Afficonado's Big Smoke.
Perhaps putting together a dinner at the Palm's again for Thursday night... We will see if there is interest. Staying at the Wynn...

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Hell Frank you just bought the rest of him on the "bike" thread. You should arrange transport for your newest asset! :lol

Sorry to say that I have to bail on Pre-rally and rally this year. Taking 14 days off right in the middle of this is just not possible for me this year. Am attending SEMA ... anyone else making that show?

I was all set to register, but found that the dates conflict with another trip... DOH!

Roc Spo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 7, 2006
Shelbyelite hooked me up with transport to Scottsdale, so if it's not too late, my Honey and I would sure like to participate in some drinking and dining, and of course the rally to the Rally. Looking to stretch the legs of my TT.
Ric

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Back from Tanzania.

Gentlemen,

We got back yesterday. A great time but quite a bit tougher than I thought it would be. I have enough tsetse fly venom coursing through my veins to kill every head of livestock in Arizona. When I arranged this Safari they told me about the heat, humidity, the tall grass, and the 10-15 mile treks on foot through roadless areas while searching for elephant and cape buffalo. What they didn't tell me about was the tsetse flies that would swarm us all day, every day. They bite like a fireant and draw blood like a mosquito. If I had known I would suffer hundreds of painful insect bites a day, I might have gone to Jamaica instead. Despite that, we had a tremendous time and quite an adventure. Charley did all of the shooting as I intended to hunt only for elephant. I ended up shooting two very nice cape buffalo with my .470 double rifle and I got within 25 yards of elephant on a couple occasions. But I never saw a bull elephant with ivory in excess of 5 feet which is the minimum legal trophy size so I am still elephantless!! Charley shot a beautiful leopard, a big male maneless lion (Selous lions have little or no manes), hippopotamus, cape buffalo, Nile crocodile, and just about everything else that wandered within range of his 375 H&H. I'll put a writeup on the Forum in a few days. Cheers!

Chip

Attachments

• Tanzania 1.jpg
    Tanzania 1.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 134
  • Tanzania 2.jpg
    Tanzania 2.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Tanzania 3.jpg
    Tanzania 3.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Tanzania 4.jpg
    Tanzania 4.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 132

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations to you both! A trip like that is something most people will never get to experience. Good to have you back.

I'd hate to see your taxidermy bill in a couple of months.:lol

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Welcome back, Chip! :cheers