Welcome Guide Arrvied

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The Welcome Guide is worded the way it is to comply with franchise laws. Ford cannot interfere with the retail sale of the vehicle. What they can and did do was give the allocation to the customer so the customer controls which dealer will sell. I can assure you that Ford has dealers who will deliver all 1000 cars at MSRP if necessary. It's that simple, so no one should give a second thought to whether the cars will sell at MSRP. I'm more interested in knowing whether I can negotiate a deal under MSRP. Ha

Last edited:

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Since you are being asked for a 50% deposit, do you know the base price for the car already ?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Since you are being asked for a 50% deposit, do you know the base price for the car already ?

The 50% deposit is not paid until the customer order is made final. For some people this won't be for years.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
For some people this won't be for years.

That part was expected but depressing. Old guys to the front of the line?? :lol:lol

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
One small step for Fordkind... can't wait for the GIANT step :thumbsup:wink

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
The Welcome Guide is worded the way it is to comply with franchise laws. Ford cannot interfere with the retail sale of the vehicle. What they can and did do was give the allocation to the customer so the customer controls which dealer will sell. I can assure you that Ford has dealers who will deliver all 1000 cars at MSRP if necessary. It's that simple, so no one should give a second thought to whether the cars will sell at MSRP. I'm more interested in knowing whether I can negotiate a deal under MSRP. Ha

I understand and agree completely. It would be VERY INTERESTING to know how much in terms of total net dollars and/or percentage mark-up the dealers will actually earn assuming they sell the car at MSRP.

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Look, let me state this unequivocally, you will be buying your car at MSRP.

If a dealer DOES mark it up over MSRP, Dave will kindly cut you a check for the difference. :lol

Sorry Dave, I couldn't resist. :willy

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
A plan B could be figured out easily.

Wow! Black exterior is not available in the US eastern seaboard market! :lol

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Guide did not ask for a deposit, just outlined that at the time the order is finalized a 50% deposit is a component.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If a dealer DOES mark it up over MSRP, Dave will kindly cut you a check for the difference. :lol

Sorry Dave, I couldn't resist. :willy

Don't worry, I've already got a laundry list of dealers desperate to post their MSRP selling services on the forum. :lol

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
We have several in our area willing to do the same... Some dealers do see the big picture... some are short sighted.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Let's assume there are 50 GT orders to be taken from Forum members.

If the entire 50 sale allotment is directed to a single dealer, could we just buy a small Ford dealer outright in consideration of the aggregate sales commissions due?

Then again, we'd have to agree on who runs our new dealership, and how. I think see a problem.... :wink:lol

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Let's assume there are 50 GT orders to be taken from Forum members.

If the entire 50 sale allotment is directed to a single dealer, could we just buy a small Ford dealer outright in consideration of the aggregate sales commissions due?

Then again, we'd have to agree on who runs our new dealership, and how. I think see a problem.... :wink:lol

Or maybe if 50 orders go to a single dealer, a little discount could be possible...

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
If they make normal margin from MSRP it's still nice margin like selling 8 loaded 150's

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Don't worry, I've already got a laundry list of dealers desperate to post their MSRP selling services on the forum. :lol

Thanks Dave, your involvement and guidance is making the process much easier. My next question was related to a selling dealer list, will there be one available for different geographic areas? The dealer I use now has said he will be an approved servicing dealer but how do we know for sure? I would like to initiate a discussion with an my dealer but don't want to until I am sure they are approved by Ford.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
You guys worry too much...

andy (ajb)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks Dave, your involvement and guidance is making the process much easier. My next question was related to a selling dealer list, will there be one available for different geographic areas? The dealer I use now has said he will be an approved servicing dealer but how do we know for sure? I would like to initiate a discussion with an my dealer but don't want to until I am sure they are approved by Ford.

To be clear, the selling dealer can be any dealer. The selling dealer need not be "approved." The approval being spoken of refers to the servicing of the car only. Purchasing the car through a dealer who is not approved to service it has no consequences whatsoever.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
To be clear, the selling dealer can be any dealer. The selling dealer need not be "approved." The approval being spoken of refers to the servicing of the car only. Purchasing the car through a dealer who is not approved to service it has no consequences whatsoever.

I think they still need to go through a small approval process to sell the new GT's... at least that is what I heard.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I thought the selling dealer had to sign up to be one.

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Correct. Selling dealer has to sign up. Selling dealer does not have to be a Servicing dealer.