Width to the outside of the tires on an 05-07 FGT

rown4au

Nov 5, 2006
Hi All,

I am currently building a house with a few lifts and want to ensure that I plan a lift that can accommodate both an 05-07 Ford GT and a newer version 2017+ FGT. I currently own neither but hope to someday in the future when my build is done!

I am going with a single post lift from American Custom lifts and after discussing with them at length I need to decide between the normal arms that are good for width's of up to 75" to the outside of the tire or the wide arms which can accommodate up to 81".

Basis what I have found online the track width of the 05-07 is listed as 64" and the overall width is listed as 77". I suspect that the track width is being measured to the center of the tire (internet doesn't seem to agree on how it should be done) so the real width I likely need to accommodate is the 77" width but I would greatly appreciate this being reconfirmed.

Thanks in advance for your help!

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
With all stock components the dimensions to outside and inside of tire walls are:
73 Inch - Front Outside
53 inch - Front Inside
76-3/4 inch - Rear Outside
50-1/2 inch - Rear Inside

Tomcat

GT Owner
I assume you know that (due to underbody trays/aerodynamics) the GT has very specific jacking points that may/may not correspond to the arm locations on a single pole lift.

Attachments

• Jacking lifting GTONSIDE.jpg
    Jacking lifting GTONSIDE.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 25

rown4au

Nov 5, 2006
Thanks due to some other issues it looks like I will need to go with 2 - 4 post lifts instead.
I assume you know that (due to underbody trays/aerodynamics) the GT has very specific jacking points that may/may not correspond to the arm locations on a single pole lift.
Thanks Tomcat - the single post lift I was considering is a drive on design so the lift points would not be an issue.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
rown4au…FWIW……I just recently replaced one of my 4post lifts with a drive on single post lift and I couldn’t be happier. Since I no longer used the 4 poster for servicing but rather static storage only ,I now find the absence of the additional posts dramatically opens up the area around the lift both visually and functionally. So if you are in a similar situation I would highly recommend the single post. Again….FWIW.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Does any single post owner store a car underneath? Are you guarding against drips on the lower car? What brands are you using (single pole)?

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I use a LiftKing model. Always store a car underneath. I fabricated drip pans suspended between the ramps. I will be back in Canada next week and can take some pics for you if you would like. Just PM your email if so.