Wheels

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
I have read a lot about the lack of rear grip on the track and have experienced the same. Goodyear is going to make a track tire to fit the stock fitment. I ordered a set of HRE Competition C22 , rear 19 x 13 (345/35/19 Pzero Corsa Asimmetrico) front 18 x 9 (265/35/18 Pzero Corsa Direzionale). These are suppose to be built 4/19. Matt at HRE said thet have quoted sveral fitments, but this will be the first set they have made.This combo will lower front ride heighth .42 inches and rear 1.02 inches...hopefully giving a little more downforce and grip. The factory wheels I will leave at the track and have the Goodyear DOT's mounted when they are available...I will keep you posted on how it works...and looks!

kosupply

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
I have not experienced understeer...the rear just will not stay put on the 2.4 mile track MSRHouston.com. The longest straight is less than a 1/4 mile. It is a second and third gear track. The car is happier in second on some of the tighter corners and more predictable than 3rd gear...boost comes on in 3rd and is more tail happy. The problem with the high rpm in second is the the car running to close to the red. Last time I was there , it was 85 deg...and about 50% humidity...I could onle run maybe 7- 8 laps before I had to cool down....

kosupply

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
Centerpunch...how did you post the photo to threads?

Pipelion

the former :biggrin