What will you gain with just a "TUNE"?

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
CHAD said:
I have been driving my TT FGT around for a while now in fairly warm FL weather...

Pics? Price? Please?

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
CHAD said:
The problem is the supercharger. I have been driving my TT FGT around for a while now in fairly warm FL weather and have yet to see 190 degrees with the air on, regardless of the flogging I give the car. It very rarely leaves the 180 mark, meaning I have to try REALLY hard. :biggrin
Supercharged cars do have heat problems to begin with (I have three) but I ran my GT all day yesterday in traffic and at cruise and never went above 185 even with a supercharger.

Last edited:

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
saber said:
Supercharged cars do have heat problems to begin with (I have three) but I ran my GT all day yesterday in traffic and at cruise and never went above 185 even with a supercharger.

What exhaust are you running?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I beleive Bob Ida is located on the east coast. If so, are there shops in SoCal that can do the header/muffler install??

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Accufab has been working on a tune for stock car and he has gotten almost 40hp more. Not ready for sale yet, but hopefully soon.

Fuelman

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
Orlando, Fl
Hey Chad, maybe if you change the muffler on your Viper you will run in 6s'
That 7.99 in 1/8 mile is pretty good :wink

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Kenne Bell offers a $399 programmer with a "tune" specifically for Ford GT that they claim offers 37hp and 45TQ gain with no other mods.

I'm consideriing getting this but would like to know what forum members think and if someone on the forum has has already tried this.

Eric

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Too cool?

Silverbullitt said:
You can't run too cool. Every degree drop is another several miles of healthy life for the mechanicals. Who knows this might be why the transaxle seems to boil over without a cooler.
You can run too cool for good engine health. Every time an engine shuts off and cools down condensation forms inside the engine especially in a high humidity enviornment. Warm air will hold more moisture than cooler air. Dew on grass at nighttime when temps cool gives you the idea. This water ends up in your oil and at very low operating temps it won't burn off. This is a real problem for aircraft engines that sit for days or weeks without being run. Most of us don't drive our GT's everyday so we have the same problem. Oil temps below 185 degrees are not healthy and the motor should stay above that temp for at least 30 minutes to burn off condensation from the last heat cycle. Happy motoring. :cheers

Chip

Last edited:

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Saber just muffler?

Bob getting my car in two weeks.Did you just do muffler,did you leave in baffles.Or did you do headers and high flow cats also.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
GFORCE said:
Bob getting my car in two weeks.Did you just do muffler,did you leave in baffles.Or did you do headers and high flow cats also.

You wouldn't take the baffles out of Bob Ida's exhaust except for true off road/race use. The noise would be too loud. Also a hi-flow cat may raise the nosie level. Gutted cats really raise the level.

Dave

redzone

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
We went from 539RWHP to 592RWHP with just a dyno tune on our 05.Needless to say I was VERY happy! I don't remember the stock torque #'s but it now has 555RWTQ. :thumbsup

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dyno Tune

Dyno'd the GT at JDM Engineering in NJ this weekend.
534hp at the rear wheels stock, 566 with tune. JDM thinks they can conservatively find another 12 hp with gap plug gap tightened to 35 from 50. Did not have time to cool engine down to replace plugs but will be back next week for another dyno pull with fresh plugs.

JDM does great work on modular motors - they have modified the GT aluminum block to run with a conventional oil pan in Lightnings and Mustangs.
My stock block Lightning measured 475hp at the rear wheels with their flip chip, headers, Magnum Powers blower, 6 lb pulley, and 65 lb injectors. Ran 12.1 at Island Dragway two weeks ago, goal is to be in 11's with a little weight loss - truck that is, sans hard tonneau, spare, and passenger seat.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
NJGT said:
Dyno'd the GT at JDM Engineering in NJ this weekend.
534hp at the rear wheels stock, 566 with tune. JDM thinks they can conservatively find another 12 hp with gap plug gap tightened to 35 from 50. Did not have time to cool engine down to replace plugs but will be back next week for another dyno pull with fresh plugs.

JDM does great work on modular motors - they have modified the GT aluminum block to run with a conventional oil pan in Lightnings and Mustangs.
My stock block Lightning measured 475hp at the rear wheels with their flip chip, headers, Magnum Powers blower, 6 lb pulley, and 65 lb injectors. Ran 12.1 at Island Dragway two weeks ago, goal is to be in 11's with a little weight loss - truck that is, sans hard tonneau, spare, and passenger seat.

You should take a ride to Morganville, Bob Ida, and check out his truck called Frightening. 750+RWHP, 168 mph in the standing mile at Eastern States Timing Asscoiation, etc. Pretty neat also.

Dave

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
redzone said:
We went from 539RWHP to 592RWHP with just a dyno tune on our 05.Needless to say I was VERY happy! I don't remember the stock torque #'s but it now has 555RWTQ. :thumbsup
That is an amazing result ! Would be ionterested to hear more details, like what A/F ratio you are running etc...Definitely not a conservative tune, watch out for detonations !

Black2003Cobra

Mar 4, 2006
NY
Can those of you posting power and torque gains from just a tune, could also please tell us your before and after AFR and total timing? Thanks in advance.