What surprises are left in the Ford GT's run?

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
A drawing on the net of the Ford booth at the Detroit Auto Show coming up in January shows a Ford GT on the display but you can't tell if it's special in the crude drawing.

Will it be the GTX-1 or some other GT that's special in one way or another? Are there any other surprises in the Ford GT's now numbered days left--(the last U.S. spec. one being made Aug. 31st, 2006).

The possibilties are:

-factory backed race car
-some final special edition, maybe one tied in with 40th anniversary of victory at LeMans (I know the Tungsten silver one was supposed to be that but there's no commemorative badge)
--lightweight body panel kit offered in Racing Parts section

Also I gather Ford Motor Company has zero dollars in development for niche cars other than the '07 Shelby Mustang. Does this mean the Cobra Concept roadster and Cobra Concept coupe are dead in the water?

thanks for any tips on what's to come in the final days...

Clueless in Cleveland (not realy in Cleveland but it rhymed..)

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Also I gather Ford Motor Company has zero dollars in development for niche cars other than the '07 Shelby Mustang. Does this mean the Cobra Concept roadster and Cobra Concept coupe are dead in the water?

I think you hit the nail on the head, Not likely they will do anything crazy. They will finish production and move on to something else.