video of Ford GT racing at Goodwood

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Great view from the cockpit. Almost like being there.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Spectacular driving. Thanks for posting.

Everyone needs to go to Goodwood....at least twice.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Goodwood revival will be my next auto trip, who knows when?

Reactions: ByeEnzo
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Excellent video. Great driving and the power of the FGT was on display in the straights. I suspect a couple more laps and the FGT would have been battling for top spot.

QSS

Tomcat

GT Owner
Goodwood is on my bucketlist. I have been watching videos of GT40s race around Goodwood (and UK) for years. It seems to me that there are a lot (too many) of "vintage" GT40s that owners are willing to race/risk. Are these GT40s "authorized" reproductions or are they actually 60s GT40s?

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I saw this on another web page and it said the driver was Tom Kristensen, 9 time Le Man's winner. So with more time, he would certainly have been in first place.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Wow!

Thanks for posting.

That's one hell of a driver.

Those boys not fooling around. Some pretty close quarters too. Pesky little f'ers too!

Some are real; crazy. Superformance?

Ditch the wiper.

I do NOT like that chicane!

Tomcat

GT Owner
Does anyone know...Are these GT40s "authorized" reproductions or are they actually 60s GT40s?

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
I don't, but when I went they were all the real deal. I know because when I went up to a few that were prepping for the track, I asked....... and I felt a little admonished when answered :)

Tomcat

GT Owner
I don't, but when I went they were all the real deal. I know because when I went up to a few that were prepping for the track, I asked....... and I felt a little admonished when answered :)
I guess they made close to 100 so maybe many of them are still racing but it seems awfully valuable to risk in door to door racing.

Last edited:

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
GTO(s) were there, on the track:sneaky:

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Fantastic driving and video that proves conclusively reds are the fastest GTs out there.

Reactions: GTMD