Veyron in the rain. Crystal Cove, California

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Sure, "there won't be anyone there, since it a rainy day" Thats what I thought, so I stay home, and skip the Saturday morning ritual, and look what show shows up. In the rain, no less.
http://crystalcovecarshow.blogspot.com/

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
There are some neat things about that car. However, the word "ugly" is an understatement of it's exterior description...

Probably one of the first 5 in the US though.

Last edited:

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
50 BMG said:
There are some neat things about that car. However, the word "ugly" is an understatement of it's exterior description...

Probably one of the first 5 in the US though.

I don't particularly like its looks too much either, but it is interesting, technically. Gordon Murray (F1 McClaren designer) did a great write up all about the technical issues of the Veyron in a recent Motor Trend. If you can find it, its a great read.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Ugly, how about Fugly?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I know we sound a bit like jealous school girls....but yeah, UUUgly. I saw one at the LA Car Show and the leather interior was silver & dark blue metalic. :eek I used to own a cheesy 80's speed boat that had material that looked like that on its' seats.
Too bad it doesn't look as good as it performs.

Pipelion

The guy shooting the video sure got enough of the tail pipe.

Then I realized he was going for the shot done over and over in "Purple Rain", Prince's movie. Every shot in that movie had a tight tail pipe shot then the vehicle leaving quickly.

I'm surprised how small it is. I've seen some very nice photos of that car, so I won't be sitting with you school girls until I see it in person.

Allan

PS It's the fastest prodution car in the world!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I had the pleasure to take a seat in one and the interior is out of this world, wow ! The one I was in however was creamy/polished steel. I think the best made interior I've witnessed. So, what a difference the colorchoice makes//I'll post some pictures when I recover the files somewhere

The outside look is discussable. To say the least..

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Leatherwork in GT

I just heard that the same company that makes the interior leather work for the Veyron, also does the GT .. We are in good company then ! I guess you won't find neater stitching than we have. The stitching on the Daytona seats of my last F360 Spyder I had to officially complain about, was not perfect as one would expect. For comparison.
Haven't seen any flaws in the GT interior leather work, have you !? I am not talking about layout, but craftsmanship We should be second to none...

But believe me the Veyron if chosen with taste is very pretty inside..If it's cartier red with green patches of course it's hgly, but you can't prevent an owner from having no style. You have that, or not.. But don't blame the car company, in that case ! I still will post the pics, but my comera has US plug on the charger and I'm still in europe, damn, where is the adapter.. :rofl ..

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
The masses wern't able to get close enough at the LA show to see the quality, however the silver and metalic blue leather reached over the ropes and grabbed you. I am very glad to hear that the same company did both and also glad that Ford chose black. :lol
I could be happy with every color the GT comes and even live with the over sized Mac sub but that colored interior would have been a deal breaker.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Not a jealous school girl

Come on guys. Down here we call that thing BUTT UGLY. :wink

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
K-P Garage said:
Come on guys. Down here we call that thing BUTT UGLY. :wink
Outside, concordant judgement here, inside, nope ! very pretty.. ! Damn... still din't find my plugadapter for the camera to fire up and prove my point, K-P.. :willy

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
Pipelion said:
PS It's the fastest prodution car in the world!

Will even be faster in the future : 1250PS 444KM/h (277MpH)

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
no disrespect here folks

SLF360- No disrespect but you are too far south and in fact by many accounts, in a foreign country there in south Florida. The GT shames it on looks. It may be allegedly the fastest production car however the GT's big brother the S7 can probably whip it. Especially when its super fragile and complicated cooling system fails to keep the 1100 hp cool.

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Its kinda reminiscent of clouds floating by, sorta dreamy, and harks back to the gracious designs of the 30s. If you were a billionaire, you'd buy one just to have it in your collection, and issues of its relative attractiveness wouldn't be so central to your purchasing decision. Thats the way it is when you have money, you buy silly things of questionable taste, and/or worth, just because "you can".

Its phenomenally well executed, and the interior is nothing short of art. Don't cop a sour-grapes, instant-karma 'tude cuz you can't afford it! :) heh heh, just kidding...

But I still don't really like it, its just so inaccessible to me, somehow. Maybe its that conspicuous, incongruous horseshoe grill stuck on the front. Or maybe its that million dollar price tag, or something? :)