Very rare OEM, NOS, MIB, low-performance 2005-2006 Ford GT base radios

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC

UPDATE: ALL FOUR RADIOS HAVE BEEN TAKEN,
NO MORE ARE AVAILABLE, AT LEAST FROM ME

OK, here are some very rare parts that possibly no one will care about.

I have four new base radios for 05-06 Ford GT. These were manufactured by Sanyo, but these are not just aftermarket radios, the boxes and radios have Ford part numbers and serial numbers.

According to DBK's data here, only 63 2005's and 452 2006's came with the base radio, so they were a pretty rare non-option. Obviously, most dealers ordered the cars with all options, both because they thought buyers of a $150K car would want them, and because they made more money. I personally prefer the base radio (both my GT's came that way), mostly because of the little storage cubby that replaced the fugly subwoofer.

Certainly over the years some cars have been upgraded to other radios, and possibly the original radio has been lost as the cars have changed owners, etc.

All four are new in the box and in mint condition. I powered each radio up on my workbench, and all functions work, including the CD player.

So maybe you need an original radio to replace the one that is no longer in your car, or just want to have the oem equipment.
Or maybe you'd like to have a spare.
Or maybe you have a car with the Mac system but just want to have one of everything.

I think we'll do these for charity. If you want one of these, you'll make a donation to the Brock Yates fund at the Alzheimer's Association, how about $500, and then I'll send you a radio.

PM me or email me at centerpunch@gmail.com if you're interested.
IMG-0210.jpgIMG-0204.jpgIMG-0201.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DakotaGT and KJD

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
One already gone, only three left!

Quantities are limited!

Call before midnight!

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
All four radios are taken.

Donations have been made for 3 radios, the final radio is reserved- I'm just waiting for the donation to be made.

Last edited:

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
$2000 donated to Alzheimer's Association, thanks guys.

I'll mail your radios today.
.radio donations.jpg

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
How to remove base radio:

The radios did not include removal keys, but I made some and included them with each radio.

I did a quick video (below) with details on how to remove the base radio (and how to make your own removal keys if you need to).

I also posted two manuals for the base Sanyo radio, you can find both here.

Last edited:

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
poopies.....I have been looking for one of these :confused: