twin turbo

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Are there any twin turbo system available or soon to be for the GT? At full boost the parasitic loss from the supercharger is approx 100 hp. The turbos at the same boost as the super will put down 100 more hp at the wheels.

If the existing muffler and plastic air intake were removed, there would be quite a bit of room for 2 turbos, mufflers and maybe an air to air intercooler. With the adjustability of turbo boost. 2 or 3 different maps could be available. One for normal street use, one medium range power, and another programed for race gas with lots of timing.

Snow performance as well as other companies offer water /methanol injection that lower charge air temp and provide extra octane.

I hope to get close to 1000hp from the stock 5.4 engine.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
you've lost you mind.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I can't really see the benefits of making this car any faster - it's already more than rapid and, importantly, has a good balance between power and handling. If you made it any more than the rocket it already is, I'm not sure it would be fun to drive.... and, of course, you'd be opening a can of worms in terms warranty and indeed the longevity of the various engine components.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
is it really all about only bigger boo(b)st...?

Neilda said:
I can't really see the benefits of making this car any faster - it's already more than rapid and, importantly, has a good balance between power and handling. If you made it any more than the rocket it already is, I'm not sure it would be fun to drive.... and, of course, you'd be opening a can of worms in terms warranty and indeed the longevity of the various engine components.
Particularily in USA not useable. Try to get enough milage on fourth and fifth gear first. You should be already rubber shredding as it is...
And as we all know, it not really is a real trackcar (breaks and suspensions). So why put in DD bags (or even F ones in your case), when the car is already such a natural beauty to start with !? :frown

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
twin turbo...

Turbos were an option for Ford and they chose the supercharger. Not much sense reinventing the wheel and lots of problems when you can easily add more power than the car can safely handle with all kinds of mods in addition to mods to the factory charger or replace it with a larger one. After spending all the money required, twin turbos would probably significantly devalue the car to almost all potential buyers.

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
I Own A Gt Number 199 You Know Me As New Member With All The Dyno Sheets

I Currently Am Pumping Almost 700 At Wheel
And 650 Tq

The Race Straight Pipes From Ford Mot Co Are Ridiculously Loud

I Believe I Will Hit 800 And Stop

This Engine Can Take This Without An Issue

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Have you thought about putting on a new 3.3 supercharger when whipple gets their new kit available?

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
I AM ALL OVER IT LIKE ETC ETC...:banana

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I hear that kenne bell is working on a larger unit as an upgrade from their 2.4 unit.

2005gt

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
piko6 said:
I Own A Gt Number 199 You Know Me As New Member With All The Dyno Sheets

I Currently Am Pumping Almost 700 At Wheel
And 650 Tq

The Race Straight Pipes From Ford Mot Co Are Ridiculously Loud

I Believe I Will Hit 800 And Stop

This Engine Can Take This Without An Issue

If possible, would you please post or PM me what I need to do to get nearly 700 at wheel? I am very interested. I do have the full Borla headers/muffler installed. Ridiculously loud is an understatement, especially in tunnels. A Ferrari friend of mine described the DB level it as "something like a space shuttle launch!"

Please post info on the HP boost. I need the extra HP please!!! :cheers

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Today, Saturday my car will be on the dyno for several hours collecting data. I will post as soon as I get results.