trans cooler

guywwagner

GT Owner
Sep 22, 2005
Nazareth,Pa
Does anyone have or know where I can get a copy of the transaxle oil cooler instructions? They were not in the box and they are not in the shop manual.
Thanks, Guy

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Drop a PM to AMER SPD he can help you, or wait a week until I am back in town and I can fax a copy.

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
guywwagner said:
Does anyone have or know where I can get a copy of the transaxle oil cooler instructions? They were not in the box and they are not in the shop manual.
Thanks, Guy

Guy,

PM your fax number and I'll fax my instructions to you.

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
guywwagner said:
Thanks, Guy
Did you install FORD GT TRANSAXLE COOLER KIT
part-no M-7095-GT ? Why and what is the result.

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
One of 19 (GER) said:

I installed that cooler and believe if you plan to track your car its a must otherwise its just good to have. Sorry but I don't have any before and after temp data.

On another note, Very cooool runway pic!

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
AMER SPD said:
I installed that cooler and believe if you plan to track your car its a must otherwise its just good to have. Sorry but I don't have any before and after temp data.

On another note, Very cooool runway pic!
My dealer also decided to fix this cooler on my car, because
the transaxle sprayed out a lot of oil because of the high
temperature on my autobahn-rides.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
One of 19 (GER) said:

There are other threads that discuss this subject at some length. Very simple to find using the serach function

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571&highlight=trans+axle

Dave

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
One of 19 (GER) said:
You definitely need that because you run so often at full load. Wait until summer, and then run up to a nice Autobahnstau, you would just melt things, trust me. Much better for keeping the thermic load under control. One thing about the GT, it's really sweating when you drive it hard. Like the early Ferraris and Lambos. But then, the GT also looks like a Miura, a bit.. doesn't that make sense hence ?

1 of 19, Was that the issue you had recently ? Still wondering and trying to learn from your experience. An ounce of prevention is more worth than a pound of cure...

stefan