The Wipple Won't Fit

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
The Gt Guys considered many creative ideas to shoe horn the Whipple into/onto my GTX1, but in the final analysis it just will not fit without some minor construction modifications which Genaddi (Mark Gerisch) said he will incorporate into the construction of the GTX1 from this point forward. I settled for a pulley, so it's half way there :cheers :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The Gt Guys considered many creative ideas to shoe horn the Whipple into/onto my GTX1, but in the final analysis it just will not fit without some minor construction modifications which Genaddi (Mark Gerisch) said he will incorporate into the construction of the GTX1 from this point forward. I settled for a pulley, so it's half way there :cheers :biggrin

I take it the con. mods were not so "minor" you would tie up your car that long to GO that route?

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
We were hoping only the glass would have to be removed and modified, but discovered the installation would have required some scalpel work requiring it to go back to Genaddi for the correct repair. I was the guinea pig for this, and IMO the whipple was not worth the surgery required; however, if my GT was still undergoing the X1 process at Genaddi, I would have had Genaddi make the modification required for the Whipple.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The Wipple Won't Fit.......

........so, YOU MUST ACQUIT!

Chip

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
The KB 2.8 H Will !!!

Just got off the phone with Jim Bell @ Kenne Bell Superchargers. He will make a KIT for the Ford GT and GTX1 for $7K !!! You need to call him @ 909-942-0985 to get on the LIST to get one !!!

AMB

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
AMB... do you work for KB?

mardyn

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
mardyn

NO !! I do not work for KB. I have a 2.2L KB on my 03 Mustang Cobra.

AMB

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
........so, YOU MUST ACQUIT!

Chip

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl I was thinking the same thing!!:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl