The Whipple Fits!!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Hi all, I just received word from Mark that my X-1 has a Whipple on it that fits!!! You can see it at the Rally when Mark brings it.:banana :banana

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hi all, I just received word from Mark that my X-1 has a Whipple on it that fits!!!

Does that mean it's a little "smaller" unit than the other Forum members presently have? :shrug

As I recall, the "std" size Whipple is too tall for an "X" w/o mods to the car...

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations on having the 1st Whippled X1. I'll be glad to test it for you at the Rally. :willy I've tested it many times in my mind with perfect results every time. :cheers

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Empty, I'll let Mark answer your questions. :wink

Kirby, you're the MAN! Go for it! :thumbsup

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Empty, I'll let Mark answer your questions. :wink

Forget I asked.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Forget I asked.

Hey Empty Pockets, did I do something wrong? :eek I just figured it would be best coming from the source. I don't want to give you or anybody else the wrong information.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Larry, Mark is installing the same Whipple that is being installed on the other GT's. I understand the mods required to accomplish this on the X1 are minor, and the only visible mod will be a raised glass over the SC. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures which I'm certain Mark will post when it's finished.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Larry, Mark is installing the same Whipple that is being installed on the other GT's. I understand the mods required to accomplish this on the X1 are minor, and the only visible mod will be a raised glass over the SC. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures which I'm certain Mark will post when it's finished.

Thanks, Kirby. :cheers

That raised glass mod ought to look sharp.

Mr. Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
May 9, 2007
:banana Hi Guys, the aluminum cross brace that we call the bow-tie between the carbon sides of the inner shell for strenth has been modified to accept the Whipples big snout and pulley. Additionally we are using a raised glass over the super charger to accomidate the larger blower.

Last edited:

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
The drawing I saw of the proposed raised glass was cool. It looked like an upside down glass cake pan with vents on the sides and IMO looked much better than the standard X1 glass application.