Supercharger oil leak

csx289

GT Owner
Mar 2, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
That was me you spoke to at RA with the black '06 GT.

Ford did replace the entire supercharger - although they didn't take my car away in a trailer. The factory guys had me drop it at the local dealer about 3 miles away, did the work, and even delivered the car back to my office (with my permission to drive it!).

So far, so good!

As an aside, I had the 06 GT and my original GT40 (P1043) parked nose to tail at the track last week, and it was amazing how people flocked to the GT and hardly noticed the GT40! Shows how well Ford nailed the design and makes it worth sorting through the "issues" and teething problems we all seem to have. Hey, the original cars fall apart more and are slightly more expensive :biggrin

Colin
'06 GT - lic plate "GT44"

rickisapilot

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
csx289 said:
That was me you spoke to at RA with the black '06 GT.

Colin, nice meeting you at RA. I started the thread here "To Buy or Not To Buy" . . . I was in "research" mode (and still am) & I was hoping to see a GT at RA & actualy talk to an owner! What dealer did/do you use in the Milwaukee area?

----Rick

csx289

GT Owner
Mar 2, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Hi Rick,
Actually, my GT came directly from Ford through the "VIP" program. Which, as you get to know me, is quite funny as I am pretty far from a VIP :biggrin

Boucher is a good dealer and has an 06 GT for sale I think, ask for Frank Boucher and tell him I sent you. Otherwise, the factory techs took my car to Heiser Ford in Glendale to do the service work, and I was very impressed with how Heiser handled it. Previously, I had taken the car to Northpoint Ford at Ford's recommendation and was highly disappointed. I wouldn't give them a pack of gum to work on :thumbsdow .

If you need any help, let me know. My email is colin@colinsclassicauto.com

Regards,
Colin