Rock screen/guard

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Does anyone know of a 'rock screen' or steel mesh guard available for the front radiator? Much like the ones on the original GT40

I was washing my GT this morning and noticed the absence of a screen. You really don't notice it when viewing the car from standing height. The radiator is exposed directly to any road debris or rocks being thrown up.

I was at the track yesterday and saw several small stones being flung by car in front of me (a gently driven Lola T70) at those speeds I can see a punctured radiator in no time. (Remember Eric Bostrom at Daytona a couple of years back? A rock punctured his radiator while he was leading the '200' on his Ducati and there ended his run!).

Any info would be appreciated.

Gordo.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Note to self...

In looking a various photos I see there appears to be a screen...

Maybe mine was omitted? Will talk to the dealer tomorrow.

See:http://www.seriouswheels.com/2006/2006-Ford-Tungsten-GT-F-1024x768.htm

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
I think 05's have a screen and the 2006's do not.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
That is correct, 05's have a screen and 06's do not. There are quite a few listings and pictures of this in past threads. Do a search for more info. Supposedly it was removed to keep temps down during tracking. The Speedlingerie front bra I bought has an additional mesh on the front to catch bugs, etc. Pics are in the gallery.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Screens in 05

Build time of mine was August 2005 - no screen

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
late 2005's are screen-less. I also like screen on the bra :biggrin

GRTG4CE

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
My 05 has screens in the front, I also just ordered the bra from Speedlingerie and this will give me just a little more protection while on the freeway. Speedlongerie makes awesome bra's. I have one on my ZO6 and they customized to fit the Tiger Shark front end. Nothing but good news on Speedlingerie.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Like the bra, had poor luck with the 3M stuff on four cars. The stones just peppered the 3M stuff. First time installing the bra took three of us to install it. Awsum's car was the model for the bra.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Bra

How much was the Bra? I called a dealer for SpeedLingerie and he could not find it for the GT. I tried to contact them directly with no luck. They don't seem to know how to answer the phone or call back. :frown

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Call them on their 800 number from the website. Ask for Rich. I've posted pictures of mine here in the Members Galleries. With mirror covers and license plate holder, it was about a grand.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul said:
Call them on their 800 number from the website. Ask for Rich. I've posted pictures of mine here in the Members Galleries. With mirror covers and license plate holder, it was about a grand.
ditto, real happy with the product :thumbsup