road trip to Detroit

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
We’ve now strayed from Route 66 and are now up in Colorado… Ooops… At our current rate of progress, we’ll be lucky to make it to Detroit!

Some of the scenery is simply breathtaking – and the variety and scale of it all is just mind boggling!

I though I’d share a couple of GT pictures:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
If the drive from FL to Detroit was that wonderful my GT would not be on a truck. Great pictures. See you in two days.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Nice drive!

Awesome!

That new windshield looks great! I guess that I should have done your way. Instead I am working 16 hour days so that a few lucky persons will have their engine bay lights. Drive safely!

Jay (and Gayle)
www.gtsaver.com
(949) 366-1211

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Great pics, what happened to your windscreen? See you in Motown.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Jay, you just don't understand how much we appreciate you! Get the light done and shipping and you can take a vacation!

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
CARL...say hello to DAD...see ya in the MC

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Just arrived in Dearborn. No such luck as the drive 'biffom' is having. Bring the "polly grip" - the roads around here really suck! Concrete expansion joints everywhere. Ford has a built in suspension test track throughout the area.
I'll need new shocks after this is all over... :lol

Anxiously await meeting the "Perpetrators"....

Gordo

g-force

Jul 11, 2006
NY
what is the purpose of the Detroit trip?
Isn't the wixom plant going to be stopping production soon? is there a function to be held?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
This has been planned for many months. As many owners as wanted to, got together and organized this rally for the end of the production of the US slated cars. As things grew, the limit was set at 150 people. Larger groups could not be accomodated by the plants. Rally begins Wednesday the 9th at 5:00 PM at the Ritz in Dearborn and finishes the 13th. If you want more info, please read the old posts describing what's going on. The rest of us are polishing, torqueing and packing (or already driving). I suspect this forum will be pretty well dead during the interim.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Let me be GT Joey on this one! :bang

T-2

And if it would stop raining around here it might make the drive pleasant!

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
Drove from Denver to Chicago yesterday 1000 miles long drive but she just loves it! For those interested we were averaging 23 miles per gallon on 93 octane - pretty outstanding as we were not hanging around. I don’t think is would have been quite so good for the trip from Aspen to Denver!

Fairly hair razing trying to navigate around the Chicago loop thing in a GT. Bad enough with all the random road works let alone being corralled by camera phone snapping drivers! They really like their cars out here!

Didn’t realize he party was starting today! As we’ve only just got a good a good internet connection.. As a consequence we decided to kill some time by taking a trip along the coast road of Lake Michigan (in Michigan) – a really nice drive - see you guys tomorrow!

ksracing71

Jun 16, 2006
Glad to see some owners today. Hope to meet more tomorrow.