Road & Track - December F430 vs GT

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The magazine gave the slight edge to the F430.

Guibo

Aug 17, 2005

Paul Vincent

Oct 20, 2005
I don't care that the writer chooses the Ferrari; I care which car is faster, and it's the GT. I also care which car is easier to mod, and once again, it's the GT. I do like the Ferrari too, but if I could have only one of the two cars, I would choose the GT.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
I call major BS on the F430 stats

Pipelion

I bought that issue. Too short and not enough photos. Besides the fact it sucked.

I was in ski the business from 1964 till 1994. I did over 40 covers of Ski and Skiing. I also did dozens of muti page inside spreads. I also shot 70% of the commercial back covers( no photo credit on commercial work). I also skiied regularly with the best skiiers in the world. I knew skiing. The average skier skis 12 to 15 times a year. I skied over 100 days a year from 1965 to 1994.
So I skied roughly 212 years. I know as I ride up the lift and look down on skiers that 95% of them don't have a clue. I'm not a snob. The 95% may be having more fun than the 5%. And that's what skiing is all about. I just want to clairify, you can't trust magizine articles, be they golf, or what ever. They are entertainment and fun, but that's it. Serious info rairly.

I only said this true BS in the last paragraph to make this point. I never read one word printed in any of the magizines because I knew all the writers. I could ski (blow) thier doors off, they could write, but they couldn't ski. Now I don't want to offend anyone on this forum lurkers or members. But how many writers of those mags. have won LeMans, Daytona, the summer nationals, winter, Nascar.? How many not only own their own race cars but can beat 95% of the rest of the race drivers?

The answer is none. Because the best drivers in the world are good enough to win races. Others are rich enough not to. A 'good' driver a few writers, one might find. Writers that know alot about cars, one might find. But I want to listen to the 5% that know cars. And they ain't writing for car mags. A great driver has to drive foir a living and be gifted as well. And they still might not want what i want in a car. Some makes are also an acquired taste. Don't believe what they say unless it makes you feel good.

Allan

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Had them both...sold the F430..a great car and bought the GT...a better car...enough said...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
LEMANSZ said:
Had them both...sold the F430..a great car and bought the GT...a better car...enough said...
should have kept the 430... and the GT ! They are so different, I don't even compare .. GT for me (as the 360CS, a boys toy/ way ahead of the 430), F430 for my woman..

Girls love Ferrari..

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
bony said:
The magazine gave the slight edge to the F430.
They know nothing. I have both, and tell you, GT, buddies ! Ask Florida Chris aswell (once he modded his..)

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
sorry, the garage is too small..besides the Bugatti needs it's space.

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
The thing about magazines like R &T is that they must maintain a certain etiquet. They cannot dare insult Ferrari by make a bold statement that Ford has built a better car than ferrari if they hope to keep getting cars to test. Same with Porsche. The reason I enjoy Top Gear and EVO is because they call a spade a spade. If a car sucks they will insult it. Don't get me wrong the 430 is a fantastic vehicle and I have one on order which I may now need to cancel. I finally scored a GT :banana !!!!! :banana :banana :banana
Notice in the Euro mags how Ferrari is very slow to volunteer cars for back to back testing?

Pipelion

Please don't take my post as anti Ferrari, it wasn't. It took a pro Porsche race crew member to teach me one day at the races to not bad mouth Ferrari. He explained how good they were and it hit home. The fact I had not given Ferrari it's due. They make tremendious cars. They are very cool.

My point was take what you read with a grain of salt. Every writer has a job to do. To make a story interesting he's got to pick a winner, if even by a nose. That's my point, he picked the winner not me. So how do I know why?

Buy what you like, drive what you can afFord. G T er done.

Allan

LeMans said it best "enough said", I should have listened. :biggrin