Replacement Boost Gauge

bigdaddo

GT Owner
Jan 2, 2006
Well, I went out on a limb and decided to buy a replacement boost gauge from Ford for my 2006 Ford GT. It only took 7 months for the gauge to show up at a cost of $1,040 (!!!) I'm the original owner. My boost gauge stopped working several years after I bought my car. At that time the general advice on the Forum was to not buy a replacement gauge because many of them had failed and I would just be setting myself up for another failure. Last September I took the plunge and decided to order a replacement gauge, hoping the problem had been rectified sometime during the last 16 years. Is there any way the numbers and letters taped onto my replacement gauge can reveal when the gauge was manufactured?

Incidentally, I was told that 18 gauges had found there way to Ford and that mine and one other were the only ones being shipped out to owners.

-West Clark

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
I believe Autometer makes improved "OEM look" small gauges, that are better then the stock Ford replacements. The larger speedometer and tachometer are not available from Autometer IIRC. My understanding is the replacement Ford gauges are the same as the originals. Not sure on your date code question, but might be a sticker or some other markings on the gauge that is a date of manufacturer.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I believe Autometer makes improved "OEM look" small gauges, that are better then the stock Ford replacements. The larger speedometer and tachometer are not available from Autometer IIRC. My understanding is the replacement Ford gauges are the same as the originals. Not sure on your date code question, but might be a sticker or some other markings on the gauge that is a date of manufacturer.

It is a fact, Autometer does make identical-appearing small gauges for the Ford GT. They are not on the web site so you'll need to contact them by email or phone. The new Autometer gauges have identical appearance but a different internal design that will not fail. Get them from Autometer. A Ford replacement will fail with the same probability as any other Ford gauge. If you haven't paid for it I'd reject it and if you have I'd try to return it (some won't take electrical parts back. sigh)

While you've got the dash apart to replace one you'd just as well replace them all since any of them can fail, and the time to replace all of them is inconsequentially more than to do just one and any of the others can fail at any time. If you can't return the boost gauge at least replace the others while you've got it apart.

Last edited:

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
And get a boost gauge that goes to 30 because, well, you know!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Damn, my Speedhut boost gauge only goes to 20. 😕

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
If somebody is looking for an Mike Britto 30# guage, w MAF and harness, let me know. Rich just took mine out.

$1,500

Rich or Kendall can pop in, check with them

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
If somebody is looking for an Mike Britto 30# guage, w MAF and harness, let me know. Rich just took mine out.

$1,500

Rich or Kendall can pop in, check with them

P/M sent