Rear exit header

yimn

GT Owner
Dec 12, 2005
I am trying to decide which aftermarket exhaust to go for and the one I am quiet interested in is the Rear exit header (the one sold through ford racing without cat and muffler). Two questions: 1. Is it necessary to modify programming (CPU) to accomodate the change in the exhaust system (i.e. any negative effects if changing the exhaust without changing the CPU)? 2. Has anyone installed this system and is the noise tolerable at low RPM? Lastly, where can I get it? I have been trying to contact Dallas Mustang without any reply.

thanks

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
It is my understanding that no-reflash is required.

The amount of noise that one can tolerate or feels is acceptable varies widely depending upon each person. The car will be louder, no mufflers, and there may be a droning sound that you find unacceptable at highway cruising speeds 80-90 mph. Remember this is an off-road option.

If your State has inspection you must deal with no muffler or cats if they look.

The following link should allow you to order the parts, also can be done through your Ford Dealer:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/search.asp?q=gt

Dave

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
barondw said:
The following link should allow you to order the parts, also can be done through your Ford Dealer:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/search.asp?q=gt

Dave

FYI. Not every FMC dealer can order the parts directly from FMS. You have to be an FMS dealer in order to buy them that way.
Otherwise you have to go to an authorized distributor which isn't always a dealership.
Ask me how I know this.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
OK NSX, How do you know this?

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
fjpikul said:
OK NSX, How do you know this?

Because we sell the GT but aren't a FMS parts dealer. There is only one distributor here in town and it's not a dealership.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
92NSX said:
Because we sell the GT but aren't a FMS parts dealer. There is only one distributor here in town and it's not a dealership.

Yes I would agree that you don't have to own a dealership in order to get the parts.

Dave

yimn

GT Owner
Dec 12, 2005
Thanks for your reply so far. I am actually located in Hong Kong and would appreciate if you can give me a few shops you guys are familiar with so that I can just place an order wtih them.

thanks

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Yimn

Unfortunately the people I use don't ship overseas because they have been scammed on bad credit cards.

Dave

Last edited:

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
barondw said:
Yimn

Unfortuneately the people I use don't ship overseas because they have been scammed on bad credit cards.

Dave

I 2nd that. Sadly, to much of a risk because of sorry criminals.

yimn

GT Owner
Dec 12, 2005
I don't think credit card scam is an exclusive problem oversea. In fact it is probably more serious in the US than anywhere else. Anyway, I don't mind paying by wire-transfer first before they send the items unless they don't even trust their own banking system!

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
here is the story on credit cards; about 95% of the time... in another life when i ran a retail store; if a credit card was accepted, we ALWAYS get the money... if its later reported stolen; we get the money... if its not accepted... big whoop, or prompts "stolen" then we take the card...

insurance and regulations might now be the same with overseas cards...

the only time i can think where you might have a problem is doing CC's the old fassioned carbon copy +send via carrier way...

of course; wiring money via bank is possible, COD; and waiting til it cleaers etc.

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
I haven't sold anything overseas so I can't speak firsthand.
And yeah, you are right about CC fraud being very bad here. However at least here they can prosecute the offenders if found. Overseas I don't think that is a possibility.
Have you attempted to contact the FMS dealer on here?

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Anybody have a sound/movie file of the GT with the full header set? I have seen the Borla SVT muffler vids, but none featuring the fully header.

yimn

GT Owner
Dec 12, 2005
I just talked to Jack at Muscle motorsport regarding the exhaust. Very helpful and more than willing to accept my credit card. One question for everyone, he mentioned about a programmer called xcalibute 2, which basically reflash the CPU to take advantage of the freer flowing exhaust system. Has anyone tried this before and how well it works? thanks

team360

Feb 13, 2006
West Hills
I have had my car for 2 weeks and have already put Jacks program in as well as the borla and K&n filters. I know the car is still breaking in but I did notice a very decent gain in power. The car is great but the sound is still very QUIET compared to my 360. I am going to have to figure out the best way to get a good sound out of it. Headers? Cats? Time will tell.

yimn

GT Owner
Dec 12, 2005
Really would like to hear what people think about the rear exit header. Is it too loud for normal street use? How about reflashing of the CPU to take advantage of the exhaust system? By the way, has anyone installed Jack's tune program with the exit header? Will really appreciate if you can share the dyno graph to help me make up my mind.