Racing bearing sound between 2k - 2.5k RPMs

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
I notice that as I go up or down through about 2000 – 2500 RPMs I hear what sounds like a racing bearing from what seems to be in front of the shifter some place (really tough to tell). It happens on the way up in the RPMs first appears just past 2000 RPMs and will disappear just before 2500 or so. Same thing happens on the way back down. It seems to show up in just about every gear. No idea what it is. My only hopeful guess was that it was some kind of frequency feedback thing that happens from the vibrations caused by those RPMs but no idea. Any one else noticed this? Any idea what it is?

rich

PS for northeast folks, I never followed up on the work I had done at Tasca Ford in RI. They did an alignment (the toe was off slightly) and adjusted the rear clamshell. Nice job, seemed confident, courteous, and professional. I will use them again.

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
My car also has this, as does my friends car. I think the sound is inherent in all the transmissions. Not sure what it is, though.

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
I do not have that sound in my car! Are you sure it is not the sound of the supercharger spinning up !! Kind of a whirring sound?? pd :confused

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
In my car the sound is from the front very different than the sound of the supercharger.