Question on forum "subscriptions"

NavyVet

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Had a quick question: can someone please explain the "subscription" for the forum? When did the forum start charging and is it legit? I had a post with wheels for sale taken down saying I must subscribe to post items for sale. When I hit subscribe at the top of the forum page, it takes me to a PayPal account, but I'm not sure who it is and if it is legit. Just trying to understand and I appreciate any insight from other members who know how it works.

I've been a forum member for over 10 years. Thanks for your help! NavyVet

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Yes, I seem to remember I had to Upgrade to one of the paid levels (at this link https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/account/upgrades) in order to place an ad. And note they all say, "Access to post privately owned vehicles and products in For Sale/Marketplace"

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It is real. There are various levels of membership. You can see if a member has a paid subscription under their avatar. There are lifetime and yearly levels. You can't post anything for sale without being a paying (I.e. Subscribed) member. Your status needs to be "Owner" as well.

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
There is a lot of time and effort that goes into running a site and expenditures. Dave shouldnt have to bear all that cost and i would think that all the valuable information one can get off this site warrants a membership. Its some of the best bang for your buck you will get.

Thanks
Mark

NavyVet

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks gents! I appreciate the confirmation and info and will sign up ASAP!

Reactions: Nafod