Pulley mod suppliers?

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Hey guys, just wondering if everyone can share info on what suppliers are selling pulley mods for the GT. I'd like to consider doing this to my car, and want to research what is available. Is Kenne Bell the best way to go, or should I be considering something else? Thanks.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Kenne bell has a blower snout replacement that allows for a 2.5 " diameter pulley. That allows for 18lbs of boost and maybe 700 wheel hp. If you don't want to go to that much boost, than Whipple, Dallas Mustang and others have pulleys at around 2.7 in. and produce 600 + whp. They all sell a flash programing change that needs to be installed also. The pulley and the reprograming can easily undone.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Bob Ida IDa Automotive in Morganville, NJ also has a smaller pulley plus other mods.

Dave

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
I called every tuner to order either a pulley or supercharger snout with a pulley set. None are available currently. I had to have mine made by Bob Ida.

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
We should have our pullies within the week.

Ken

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Has anyone done air temp testing before and after the aftercooler. Especially with the greater temps produced by spinning the blower faster. It would be very interesting because the mass of the air has already been measured by the maf and if the air becomes considerably hotter and therefore begins to expand, it will containg less oxygen and the engine could possibly run too rich. But, running to rich is mucho mas better than running to lean. Just wondering.

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
californiacuda said:
Has anyone done air temp testing before and after the aftercooler. Especially with the greater temps produced by spinning the blower faster. It would be very interesting because the mass of the air has already been measured by the maf and if the air becomes considerably hotter and therefore begins to expand, it will containg less oxygen and the engine could possibly run too rich. But, running to rich is mucho mas better than running to lean. Just wondering.

Yes, we log all of that, but it's not really an issue. That's the beauty of a MAF system.

Tom B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 1, 2005
Fallston, MD
Call Jason at Heffners Performance 941-359-0900. He did mine, along with other work. The car is making 634rwhp & 598 rwt. A great guy to deal with.

Tom

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Tom B said:
Call Jason at Heffners Performance 941-359-0900. He did mine, along with other work. The car is making 634rwhp & 598 rwt. A great guy to deal with.

Tom

Tom, how much did this cost you?

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
A correct smaller pulley installation is not just the pulley. It includes a smaller belt. The standard belt is no longer in its sweet spot with a smaller pulley thus it requires a change.

Check to see if your tuner is using the old belt or a new belt. Since everyone seems to use a different sized pulley I wonder who is making all these custom belts.

Dave

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
barondw said:
A correct smaller pulley installation is not just the pulley. It includes a smaller belt. The standard belt is no longer in its sweet spot with a smaller pulley thus it requires a change.

Check to see if your tuner is using the old belt or a new belt. Since everyone seems to use a different sized pulley I wonder who is making all these custom belts.

Dave

That's why I recommend and only carry the 2.8" pulley. The stock belt is fine with the 2.8".

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I believe that Kenne Bell along, with their 2.5" snout replacement and pulley kit provides an attachment to the power steering pump bracket (which is on the same pulley as the supercharger) to tighten the belt similar to how an alternator adjustment bracket works. Using this supplied bracket, the tension on the belt can be held to the proper tighthtness with as small as a 2.5" diameter pulley.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
GRC performance in So. Cal has a 2.90 pully. I believe they are stocked and for around $350.