Production Differences Between 05 and 06?

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Are there any major production, performance or functional differences between the two year models? Sorry for the entry level question, but I've been lurking and reading your posts in the background and haven't seen anyone mention anything. I am in the market and am wondering what, if any, the 06 year model has to offer over the 05 other than a year newer. Thanks in advance.

Roger

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Roger, I am aware of one.

The '05 has a grille in front of the radiator while the '06 does not. This has been discussed elsewhere on this forum. Some suggest this was a cost saving measure (which I doubt) while others say it was to aid in cooling by eliminating the obstructive grille.

I am picking up an '06 later this month and was a little disappointed that it didn't have a grille as I am concerned about puncturing the radiator, particularly since it is so low to the ground.

Paul

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
it seems that panel gaps were improved on the '06 models.

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Ex Post Facto Analysis

Thanks, I made an offer on an 05 today, and it was accepted. Now, I just have to make amends (and an offer) at home...but I had been wondering if there was all that much difference between the two model years. Doesn't seem so.

Thanks

Roger

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Sinovac said:
The '05 has a grille in front of the radiator while the '06 does not. This has been discussed elsewhere on this forum. Some suggest this was a cost saving measure (which I doubt) while others say it was to aid in cooling by eliminating the obstructive grille.

I am picking up an '06 later this month and was a little disappointed that it didn't have a grille as I am concerned about puncturing the radiator, particularly since it is so low to the ground.

Paul

I bought a speed lingere bra and it has a mesh cover in the front I hope will filter out the bugs and rocks. I can get you one for a hundred or so off list if you PM me. It really is a first class bra and will keep the front end from getting all chipped up. It comes off in a minute for a car show or to wash the car.

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006
Beech GT

I no this is some cheek, but could you get any discount on the Bra for me, I would have to have it shipped to the UK, so perhaps there may be some local TAX saving too.

Thanks in advance

Patrick

California GT

GT Owner
Jul 24, 2006
San Juan Capistrano, CA
I was told that some of the early 05 models had a problem with weak motor mounts. Seems there was some cracking resulting from the excessive torque. This informatiom came from a very reputable friend who owns a Ford Dealership and has spent quite a bit of time educating himself, along with driving the Ford GT. Good Luck!

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
No grille in '06

The Ford DOES (dealer order entry system) II says, "This mesh has been deleted from the grille for increased radiator cooling."

So do you take it out of your '05 or install it in your '06??????????

(part number 6G7Z 17B968 AA)

Steve T

GT Owner
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Since my '05 stays cool in trafiic, even at the 100 plus degree temps we have been having lately, I think I will leave my grille installed. :cool

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
BRA

WHERE DO YOU GET THE BRA IN SOUTH FLA. ?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
My 05 came without a grill, I assume an 06 grill would fit?