Copenhagen, Denmark

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
Man he's going to have to get bigger turbos and a new engine to keep up!

*whistles*

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Put the horsepower down on the ground is what counts... still very impressive.
good thread, glad to see it :wink

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Review the data in the article, my car went 194 and the lingenfelter corvette went more than 10 mile an hour faster, but had the same time.

The Gt launched better than either the Viper or the Vette because of the mid engine design. With turbos the Gt will still launch better than others, and the speed will keep climbing.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Greg,
I never knew your car was in that test... When is your TT setup ready??

Jason

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
In the video the guy claims the Viper goes sideways when he's going into 4th gear... YEAH RIGHT!!!... on a snowy road in Alaska perhaps.

It's a fast car - but keep it real :slap

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
To far down the runway, I couldn,t see. But it underscores the traction advantage the GT has over the front engine cars.

Still waiting for my twin turbo set up to be finished, I have become so frustrated. I that I started working on one of my other cars. I have a 1970 Barracuda with a built hemi and an old style 8-71 roots blower. I am going to remove the blower and put a rear mounted turbo from STS on the car. run it at the same boost as the supercharger and see what the parasitic blower loss is. If anyone is interested I will post info.

Mar 15, 2006
one of 101 said:
In the video the guy claims the Viper goes sideways when he's going into 4th gear... YEAH RIGHT!!!... on a snowy road in Alaska perhaps.

It's a fast car - but keep it real :slap

nice wheels in your avatar! who makes those?

FYI, 1100 rw hp Vipers can get sideways in 4th gear. the beauty of the GT is its power to traction ratio!