Order Car at List Price. Any Takers/Leads ??

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
I am interested in ordering a car and will pay list price. The car with (actually without) the equipment desired does not exist so I am willing to order and wait. Financing not needed, substantial deposit is not an issue. If anyone can direct me to a dealer or, if you are a dealer with an allocation number please advise. East of the Mississippi is better but not essential . Phone 813-926-1426 Thank you.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
response

Red calipers is ONLY option. Side stripe delete. Yellow (see why there are none out there?)

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Good Luck finding a car the way you want it with those options in Yellow and Time is running out to order one.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Here's my Wish List:

Black, Stripe Deleate, Mac Deleate, Standard Wheels,
Red Calipers.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Blue, stripe delete, Mac delete, upgraded wheels and red calipers, please.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I will pay msrp for:
Midnight Blue with Stripes. No MAC, no wheel Upgrade, no calipe upgrade.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
FrankBarba said:
Here's my Wish List:

Black, Stripe Deleate, Mac Deleate, Standard Wheels,
Red Calipers.
Wicked, Kirby !

Very cool.. :thumbsup

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
There are a few of us looking for the same deal. I posted a while ago asking for the same. I guess any dealer that would sell under these conditions would mearly have to post and would have the car sold in a couple of days.

I have a few irons in the fire, but no commitment yet.

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I was very lucky then, I had been talking to my local dealer for the last 3 years. In 2005 I got into a bidding war on the one 05' they received. I bailed when it got north of $200K. The car ultimately went for $220K. Ten months later the dealer contacted me and told me they were scheduled for one 06' and that I could buy it at MSRP, which I did. I was able to order it to my specifications and all documentation back to the original build sheet list me as the owner.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Im not sure what you mean.

Order an exact car and pay list ?

Or buy a car a dealer has and pay list price ? Buying a pre-existing car at list is no trick and does not have appear to be one for a long time.

The advantage I see in ordering is simply to get a rare option combination or avoid being raped for the used car body shop level stripes or the basketball between the seats $ 4000 radio.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Mike Anderson Ford has a line on an early red car, no stripes, can't remember on the calipers... but it ahd the Mac ss... was asking $155K.

btw... Unlike a lot of the dealers, Mike seems to be a nice guy who is very knowlegable on the GTs and is realistic on the pricing.

mardyn

neilhellr

GT Owner
Oct 14, 2005
Central IL
I have an 06 Black with no stripes, mac, and bbs wheels available at msrp. I wish I could help on the ordered unit, but I am out of allocation. Let me know if there is anything I can do to be of help!

-Neil
Heritage 0009

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Yes, order an exact car and pay list. The dealer contacted me, they told me that they had 1 car coming to them in 2006, they told me I could order it any way that I wanted, color and all options and they would sell it to me at MSRP (List Price). I ordered the car to my specifications, but had to wait the 3 months while it was being built. This was the only down side.

neilhellr

GT Owner
Oct 14, 2005
Central IL
NJF,
Congratulations on the car, have you had a chance to get many miles behind the wheel?
I just noticed that you're from Waukesha. Did you happen to buy your GT from Jim?

-Neil
Heritage 0009

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
No miles driven yet, just delivery miles; weather hasn't been cooperative. Same dealer, different brother. I worked with Jim's brother John on the deal, he and I go way back, we showed cars together 30 years ago both in and around Waukesha and at the Street Machine Nationals.