nthimage - Vector W8 + teaser video

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
What does 700+ hp look like? what does it sound like?

http://nthimage.com/photoshoots/Vector_W8_15_S2/vector_teaser.wmv
http://nthimage.com 24 HI-Res images online
Vector_W8_10.jpg

Vector_W8_12.jpg

Vector_W8_14.jpg

Vector_W8_3.jpg

Vector_W8_7.jpg

Vector_W8_8.jpg

Vector_W8_P_3.jpg

http://nthimage.com 24 HI-Res images online

enjoy!

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
like a badly designed Lamborghini?

Sorry for disrespect.

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
Horsepower does not indemnify for a strange design...
I agree, maybe a Lambo-Forum would be a better choice :wink

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The Vector floundered arround for years, I think it was started in the late '80's when it fit right in with the Countach. I recall that they boasted it had fighter plane technology. Still not aging all that badly... ok, those wheels got to go. :wink

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
Desi said:
Horsepower does not indemnify for a strange design...
I agree, maybe a Lambo-Forum would be a better choice :wink
The Vector was the first American supercar ;)

I agree, that perhaps a different sub-forum should've been chosen

FordGTGuy said:
like a badly designed Lamborghini?

Sorry for disrespect.
actually, just the opposite; i've never seen a lamborghini that was as well constructed as the vector.... I'll go a step further, and say that I've never seen any car that is as well constructed as the Vector W8 (not the M12)...

design... well, that is in the eye of the beholder.

people often ask "is that some kind of Lamborghini?"
to which the owner responds "no, its faster then a Lamborghini"

bony said:
The Vector floundered arround for years, I think it was started in the late '80's when it fit right in with the Countach. I recall that they boasted it had fighter plane technology. Still not aging all that badly... ok, those wheels got to go. :wink

It is true that Weigart needed money, and it took over 10 years for him to gather enogh to go from W-2 prototype to W8 production car.

Even today, it is still faster then 99% of the cars out there, and when it came out, only the EB110, Jag XJ220, and McLaren F1 could come close in terms of accelleration.

The Vector was a model for show at an auto show in 1977, and the prototype W2 was begun in 1978.

actually, it wasn't just boasting that it had fighter-plane tech... everything was built to aircraft specification, and tolerances.

the Vector is deisned to last the lifetime of the owner, with minimal maintanence costs...

It's truly a facinating car

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
nthfinity said:
The Vector was the first American supercar ;)

I agree, that perhaps a different sub-forum should've been chosen

actually, just the opposite; i've never seen a lamborghini that was as well constructed as the vector.... I'll go a step further, and say that I've never seen any car that is as well constructed as the Vector W8 (not the M12)...

design... well, that is in the eye of the beholder.

people often ask "is that some kind of Lamborghini?"
to which the owner responds "no, its faster then a Lamborghini"

It is true that Weigart needed money, and it took over 10 years for him to gather enogh to go from W-2 prototype to W8 production car.

Even today, it is still faster then 99% of the cars out there, and when it came out, only the EB110, Jag XJ220, and McLaren F1 could come close in terms of accelleration.

The Vector was a model for show at an auto show in 1977, and the prototype W2 was begun in 1978.

actually, it wasn't just boasting that it had fighter-plane tech... everything was built to aircraft specification, and tolerances.

the Vector is deisned to last the lifetime of the owner, with minimal maintanence costs...

It's truly a facinating car

Thanks for filling in the missing blanks, I agree with every point you made.
I once lurked on a Vector forum a couple of years back and found it interesting. :wink

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
centerpunch said:
We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

well, from a technical standpoint, its extremely facinating, from its history, that is nearly as unique... perhaps more so.

you know, its still the safest car ever tested in side impact collisions at the Ann Arbor DOT :) not bad for a 14 year old car

i think what you may mean to say is that you aren't interested in the car ;)

Amac

Jun 28, 2006
nice, can't wait for the real video.