Not a GT, but you guys may like this

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
This isn't a Ford GT, but it is an impressive 4V twin screw Ford.

The car is a 2004 Cobra, mods are as follows:

4.6L Boss330 Racing engine (name of the company, doesn't mean it's 330ci)
Kenne Bell 2.4L at 22psi
Crower Cams
Kooks Long tubes and mid pipe
Magnaflow exhaust
MD fuel upgrade
MD tune

These are baseline numbers. We are going to get some break in miles and do some improvements to the intercooler setup. At that point 700+ shouldn't be a problem.

Here is the graph:

mattgraph.jpg

And here is a dyno video

http://videos.modulardepot.com/mattdyno.wmv

And here's the tie in to the Ford GT :)
The engine builder, Al Papitto of Boss330 Racing has an incredible naturally aspirated Mustang that uses the Ford GT heads and block. How about 556 rwhp naturally aspirated? Sounds like a blast! Here is a pic...and yes, that's a carb on top!

P1010012_Medium_.jpg

Last edited:

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
I'm considering AP to do my GT block and heads for my cobra when the time comes.

I'm still on the fence about what block I want to use though...

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
50 BMG said:
I'm considering AP to do my GT block and heads for my cobra when the time comes.

I'm still on the fence about what block I want to use though...

What are you considering besides the GT block?

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com...id=46&osCsid=e0cb8a5e6d8ce6f555d02d8c0fed4da7

But I still have a lot of research to do between both blocks...

One of my cousins has a darton 324 longblock (Teskid block, 03 cobra heads) from VT engines with twin 72 turbos. Gonna make stupid power (VT made 1250 at the wheels at 22 PSI on a single turbo with the same engine), and gives me a chance to test out the streetability/engine life. I think these built 5.4 or bigger DOHC engines are gonna raise some eyebrows when they hit the streets :eek

Thing is I'm not keen on paying what VT wants for their work plus their core charge. I'd rather get the parts on my own and have AP or someone equivalent do the balancing and porting etc.

One of AP's guys/customers (4cam330) reported that fully ported GT heads at .500 lift and 3.7" bore flow ~400/330. I plan on dropping the finished product into my 04 cobra and running a 2.3L whipple for FI. May go with a single turbo with <10 PSI boost later on.

Anyways, I feel like I just talked the ear off a brass monkey...

Last edited:

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
50 BMG said:
http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com...id=46&osCsid=e0cb8a5e6d8ce6f555d02d8c0fed4da7

But I still have a lot of research to do between both blocks...

One of my cousins has a darton 324 longblock (Teskid block, 03 cobra heads) from VT engines with twin 72 turbos. Gonna make stupid power (VT made 1250 at the wheels at 22 PSI on a single turbo with the same engine), and gives me a chance to test out the streetability/engine life. I think these built 5.4 or bigger DOHC engines are gonna raise some eyebrows when they hit the streets :eek

Thing is I'm not keen on paying what VT wants for their work plus their core charge. I'd rather get the parts on my own and have AP or someone equivalent do the balancing and porting etc.

One of AP's guys/customers (4cam330) reported that fully ported GT heads at .500 lift and 3.7" bore flow ~400/330. I plan on dropping the finished product into my 04 cobra and running a 2.3L whipple for FI. May go with a single turbo with <10 PSI boost later on.

Anyways, I feel like I just talked the ear off a brass monkey...

We're actually putting fourcam330's car together for him as soon as Al is done with it. You may want to talk to Al about your decision, but I'm pretty sure the GT block is waaaay better that the SHM/World block.