New from Michigan

Bill I.

Oct 9, 2013
Farmington Hills, MI
Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself here. My name is Bill and the Ford GT has always be the car at the top of my list (albeit a long list). I do not have the means of owning a GT right now (I'm in my mid-20s...) but have had the opportunity to meet several owners over the past few years.

I have been a car guy my whole life and started working on cars at a young age. I worked to become a certified tech and to gain as much experience as possible. After working at independent shops for several years, I had the chance to work at a Lingenfelter Performance installation center, where I gained experience with high end vehicles and a few show cars. Eventually I completed my bachelors and Ford Motor Company offered me a job in Dearborn.

While I do not own a GT, I am passionate about the car and have owned several Mustangs. I decided to join the site to continue to learn about the car and share some of my experiences.

The picture below is a picture I took at the Ford Centennial Event when I was 13 years old.

Bill

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Hi, I like your enthusiasm for the Ford GT. I work at Russ Milne Ford, In Macomb. We have a couple on the showroom floor, if you want to stop by and look at them. It doesn't hurt to dream a little!! Keith

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
Keith is right .it looks like the gt heaven

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard!! - :thumbsup

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Hi Bill. My name is also Bill. My first car was also a Mustang (69 Mach 1).

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Your mistake is not taking pictures of RED cars. Welcome.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Welcome, Bill. Have fun with the car. Lot's of help here when you need something.

Bill I.

Oct 9, 2013
Farmington Hills, MI
Thanks for the comments!

fjpikul, my Mustang is red! As far as the GT goes, Midnight Blue is my favorite, but I like them all.

Keith, thanks for the info. I'll try to make it over there sometime soon!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome Bill, don't give up on that dream to own a Ford GT as we all had that dream too. Enjoy the Forum and work hard at Ford. Great company as my family was in the Ford Business for 52 years.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Nice to meet you Bill.

Vince H

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
My name is Bill and the Ford GT has always be the car at the top of my list (albeit a long list). I do not have the means of owning a GT right now

I'm sure many us had a FGT on the top of our bucket list before we were able to become an owner . Some of us had a longer wait but persistence is the key to keeping your passion alive. Your time will come.