New engine access cover gasket, reusable!

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
This new reusable one-piece gasket allows for quick and easy removal of the engine access cover on your GT. No longer will you have to scrape or re-apply that messy urethane sealer everytime you wish to work on your engine. To install, just simply remove the engine access cover. Remove all of the urethane from the cover and around the opening in the chassis (for the last time!). Due to the unique protruded lip design, the gasket will provide a moisture tight seal on the inner most region of the chassis opening and around all fasteners. Color is black, material is precision molded urethane.

Gasket:
Gasket1%20SMALL.jpg

Gasket on cover:
Gasket%20with%20cover%20SMALL.JPG

Gasket on cover, closeup:
Gasket4%20SMALL.jpg

Gasket on cover, closeup. Note detail around inside of gasket and sealing of area around fasteners:
Gasket3%20SMALL.jpg

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
First nylon (Delrin), then rare earths, now urethane, WHAT ABOUT ELECTRICITY? Only a little more than 3 weeks till Detroit! Let's get nuclear there Analog. I'm gonna need time to install. FJP

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Jay, I like FJPIKUL am looking for a light to lead me to Detroit!

Three weeks to go which due to shipping etc.. means that there is less than 2 weeks to finish the product!

oskie100

GT Owner
Nov 23, 2005
Simi Valley, California
Jay, doing some mods to my car real soon, when will the gasket be available??? Pat, BBBADGT

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
MAD IN NC said:
Jay, I like FJPIKUL am looking for a light to lead me to Detroit!

Three weeks to go which due to shipping etc.. means that there is less than 2 weeks to finish the product!
Hi MAD,

Yes, I am machining the housings today and probably late into the night. I have everything else on order and hope to have things ready to ship on Thursday. This product will have to ship by Fed-Ex Priority so that you will have it by the weekend. I hate to wait until the last minute, however I was trying to juggle too many balls this past few months.

Jay
(949) 366-1211

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
oskie100 said:
Jay, doing some mods to my car real soon, when will the gasket be available??? Pat, BBBADGT
Pat,

I am making one small change to the mold. I am making the through holes slightly smaller in diameter so the the fasteners will remain in place during assembly. Also, I am going to be using a high durometer (stiffer) urethane, since the prototype is too flimsey, making installation difficult. Next week after all of the smoke clears, I should be ready to produce them.

Thanks, Jay
www.gtsaver.com

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
fjpikul said:
First nylon (Delrin), then rare earths, now urethane, WHAT ABOUT ELECTRICITY? Only a little more than 3 weeks till Detroit! Let's get nuclear there Analog. I'm gonna need time to install. FJP
FJP,

I know, I hate dragging everything out. I just completed my 95 hour work week. I will try to make this very easy to install, no hole drilling or cutting wires!

I will have a progress report tomorrow, okay?

Jay

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey, believe it or not, a nervous breakdown is not worth it. Calm down. You already have EVERYONE'S RESPECT for the jack lifts. If the light is ready, it's ready. If not, we can do an unveiling over the net at the rally. Nobody here wants you to kill yourself over this. LAID BACK FRANK

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Hey, believe it or not, a nervous breakdown is not worth it. Calm down. You already have EVERYONE'S RESPECT for the jack lifts. If the light is ready, it's ready. If not, we can do an unveiling over the net at the rally. Nobody here wants you to kill yourself over this. LAID BACK FRANK
Frank,

Yes, of course, some Prozac wouldn't hurt! :lol

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Are these gaskets still available?

Jeff