New Daily Driver

Raddox

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 24, 2006
Fair Oaks, CA
My GT500 just arrived. I got the white with blue, just the opposite of my GT. What upgrades do you recommend, exhaust, cold air intake, pulley, etc?
Bill

Attachments

• GT500 June 2007 sm 2.jpg
    GT500 June 2007 sm 2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 318

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
very nice
to make it as fast as the red/white, i suggest air/exhaust/mild tune/ and lower---lol
best of luck with it and many miles of smiles

sam

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
The last three issues of MUSTANGS & FAST FORDS have a very comprehensive series on upgrading the GT500 engine output via integrated steps. Last HP numbers are 793 to the rear wheels.
I'd also suggest Steeda or similar suspension change to enhance handling and lower stance. Larger wheels and tires are a matter of taste.
I have not changed any engine components yet, but done the suspension, wheels and tires.
Good Luck!:thumbsup

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nice daily driver.

I recommend you tune it (Jason at VMP is a site sponsor and can help you with that).

I also am really happy with my Corsa cat back exhaust.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
That's a handsome car. The $28,000 Super Snake upgrade would be a good start with 700+ HP

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
the super snake is a rip off. PM me your goals ($$?) and I will help you put a package together for your car.

427GT

Mar 1, 2007
Sacramento
Wow beautiful car. That's my personal favorite GT500 color.

On a side note I think I saw you driving down San Juan last year sometime, midnight blue. I snapped a few pictures once I was able to get my jaw off the ground.

Raddox

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 24, 2006
Fair Oaks, CA
Thanks for the nice commments.
427GT, that was probably me on San Juan. There's another midnite blue in the area but he's in Eldorado Hills.
Bill

Musclecar67

Oct 29, 2006
I have been in the Mustang crowd for a while. The mod motors respond very well to increased air flow so I would do the following to start.

1) Cold Air intake by JLT
2) Matched with a larger mass air meter
3) Full exhaust Headers, Mid pipe/high flow cats, Cat back. American Racing is a great company, went to the ford nationals in Carslile Pa and was very impressed they had a Gt500 with there system and it was mean.:thumbsup
4) Short throw shifter by MGW ask about the shelby application.- The best out there! I have one
5) Then have it tuned.

With this your looking at a 80-100 hp increase and thats not changing to a smaller pulley. :) Links below ~ Rob

http://www.americanracingheaders.com/homepage.htm
http://www.jlttruecoldair.com/
http://www.mgwltd.com/default.html

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
you have a MGW shifter on your shelby? WTF!!!! George is holding out...i am sending him an email.

I went with stainless works headers and full 3" exhaust and am very happy.

Musclecar67

Oct 29, 2006
No I have a Gt not a gt 500! sorry if I was confusing. Thats why I said ask them about your application / do they make or plan to make.

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
he doesn't have one yet. I guess he's waiting for his own shelby to show up this summer and I'm sure it won't be long after that to have a shifter.