Need 5 more GTs

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
As far as I know only Fly-By & myself are entered in the Silver State Classic this month.
We need a total of 7 GTs to form a team. The Vette team usually takes home the honors.
I think it time the GTs change that.

check it out... www.SSCC.US

So who else is will be there?

Larry

Ps. the GT can compete in the 150 class w/o a roll cage/bar

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Is there enough time left to enter?

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Cuda,
I just got the below off of the SSCC message board.
Larry

I have been receiving a lot of phone calls and emails asking if it is too late to register for the upcoming event on September 14-17, 2006.

It is NOT too late to register! You still have time to mail the Entry Forms or you can FAX the forms to (702) 436-1589.

If you are a rookie, you will need to take the Qualifying School - be sure to make your reservation with American Racing Academy #1-888-463-3735.

If you are having your car teched for over 165mph, please remember that you will need the physical certiciation form completed by a doctor, which is good for 2 years.

Don't forget the change in the Schedule of Events! After the Press Luncheon at Sam's Town on Thursday, we are heading to Ely!

All Entry Forms, Qualifying School and Schedule of Events can be found by CLICK HERE. www.SSCC.US

Gail

register@silverstateclassic.com
OR gailpr@cox.net
Phone (702) 631-6166

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Lgaruti - me and my viper are registered for the top grand sport class with a target average speed of 150 mph. i will be in ely on friday around noon and go through tech then. i am also registered to do the 1 mile top speed shootout on saturday. i did the bonneville 100 last july and drove the 101 mile course in 46 minutes and 48.31 seconds. this worked out to be an average speed of 130.242 mph. so i arrived at the finish line 5.227 seconds early. as you know this was my first time doin this and i did not have a navigator. i had a blast and will be taking a navigator with me to the silver state classic next week. i look forward to meeting you and thanx for all the help in getting me on track to do the silver state. my car # is 377. see you in Ely Larry.

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Freddy, Great news... I'll be looking for you. Our car #119 all red GT.
Larry

Ps. by the way, we'll both be competing in the 150.

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Anyone Else Going To the Silver State?

We need more GTs to show up at the Silverstate Classic.

In addition to the 90 mile run on Hy318 there is a Speed Stop event.. zero to 100 & back to zero. The winner gets some nice stuff.

Also a 1mile and/or 1/2 mile shootout.

Think of it 90 miles at 150 mph...36 minutes of pure fun!

go to www.SSCC.us

Attachments

• Race2006 a.jpg
    Race2006 a.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Larry, any chance on getting a copy of your poster?

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Do you also get to run in the 1 mile run, at full speed?

Mar 15, 2006
We might bring a GT out to run at the SSC. The event is a lot of fun.

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
FJPIKUL, Just emailed you the Silverstate GT logo. Each race highlights one particular car that is put on t- shirts, hats etc.
Our GT was selected for the May 2006 race hence the graphic.

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Cuda & John H.,

Go as fast as you can for a mile. Top speed is the winner.

John hope you make it out with the GT. So far 4 GTs are registered.

Larry

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I called ssca today and the old guy I talked to was the same old guy I talked to last year, who at that time told me the GT couldn't run at all because it didn't have a cage. Well, today he told me if a driver has not been there before that he can only run at a speed of 105 on the road course and could only run on the 1/2 mile speed run.

If you have any different info please let me know.

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Cuda,
That's correct... last year Ford did not provide required info that would allow the GT to tech in the higher speed classes. However, in April or May of 2006 data was provided that enabled the GT to run in the 150 class with a max tech speed of 165mph.

To do so the GT must have a 5 or 6 pt harness and a minimum 2.5 lb fire extinguisher plus some other safety item for the driver & the car.

Also first time participants may only run in classes with a target speed of 110 or less. This allows a max tech speed of 124.

However, if you have prior competition experience, SCCA license, Bondurant training etc. you can request a waiver to run in the higher speed classes.

I found this info at SSCC.US under Rules.

Larry

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Last year, I offered to provide data to the ssca concerning the GT and its construction, but at that time they weren't interested in seeing it. I'm glad they have approved it for this year.

I went with George from Accufab to the NHRA to try to get an approval for the GT to run without a cage, but no luck.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Larry, thanks for the logo. I'll add a couple of stripes and tell everybody here it's my car. Ha, Ha. You know, I've really admired your car since the rally. We ended being parked next to each other on several occasions. Frank

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Frank, The all red looks different almost as if it's a different shade of red(which it isn't).
It was only by luck we found this one at a dealer in Miami. I would have bought it stripes or not.... just wanted a GT.

Loaded the GT into the trailer tonight & leaving for Las Vegas on Friday.
The Silver State has an 11 mile straight at the start. I've gone 181mph in the 95' R on Hy318. Think I'm gonna let the GT run up in speed until I wet my pants............

Larry

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
After speaking to the customer (California Cuda), and the tech staff, I think we have collectivey agreed to participate in this years event. We just ran Greg's car with the new twin turbo system on the dyno and things were, lets just say pretty good and leave it at that. They agreed to accept my NHRA Pro Stock license and will let us participate on the mile. We last ran the mile supercharged for the Motor Trend story at 660 rwhp and went 194 mph. It should be very interesting to see what will happen now with XXXX rwhp. Yes that was 4 digits.

See you there,

John Mihovetz

Accufab Inc

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Accufab,

with the twin turbo, you better get a SPEC clutch installed. Otherwise, pleasure will be shortlived, given the torquecurve of the turbo implant... :wink

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Lgaruti said:
Frank, The all red looks different almost as if it's a different shade of red(which it isn't).
It was only by luck we found this one at a dealer in Miami. I would have bought it stripes or not.... just wanted a GT.

Loaded the GT into the trailer tonight & leaving for Las Vegas on Friday.
The Silver State has an 11 mile straight at the start. I've gone 181mph in the 95' R on Hy318. Think I'm gonna let the GT run up in speed until I wet my pants............

Larry
Wet your pants? I'm telling ya, the comments that show up here are the greatest. I can't stop looking at this forum and not laugh every time I read it. Good luck Larry, don't try to outrun Accufab, sounds like it can't be done with XXXX hp. FJP

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
John (Accufab),

I'll will be in LV late tomorrow and look for you on Thursday. Gonna be great to see a GT smoke the competition.

Larry