Make your own GT!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hi Guys,
Not sure if this has been posted, but Ford is really thinking ahead. Looks like you can purchase 3D printable GT files as well as the other cool new Ford performance cars.
:banana
"launching the Ford 3D Store with printable files of the F-150 Raptor, Shelby GT350R, Focus ST and Fiesta ST, with more to come soon. While the files can purchased for $4.99, it’s also possible to have them printed for you for $39. All of the models are printed a 1/32nd scale in single-color PLA plastic, except for the new Ford GT, which will be available for purchase in full-color sandstone starting June 15."

http://3d.ford.com/

Article:
http://3dprintingindustry.com/2015/...ing-with-printable-models/#.VYWdXehHEdo.email

:thumbsup:usa

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'd been thinking of an excuse to get a 3d printer this might be it. I wonder if the computer models could be converted into a cnc milling plot to make a billet model. Those would be cool too

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Thanks, Terry! Good find!!

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I was hoping they would let us buy the STL file to build ourselves.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I aked them about when the GT file would be available, this is their response:

Currently it is only available as a limited edition print. It will be up to Ford to determine when the file will be available for purchase. Unfortunately I do not have any timeline on this.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Thanks Ralphie, I have to give credit to my Dad who actually found this and knowing I am part of a slightly fanatical group of great guys, thought I might be interested in passing it along. :wink

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I aked them about when the GT file would be available, this is their response:

Currently it is only available as a limited edition print. It will be up to Ford to determine when the file will be available for purchase. Unfortunately I do not have any timeline on this.

Too bad, I had plans to build a really big one! :thumbsup