Maintenance & Enhancements Winter 2013/14

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
First, thanks Dave for the dedicated GT40 section!

Cleaned it up and started tearing things down for the winter. Pulled the wheels and ran into the first item that needs to be addressed doh! Counter sunk allen head bolts on left rear that attach the rotor had backed out. Everything is coming apart anyway for bearing maintenance so it will be address during reassembly. I will share observations as I work on the car over the winter. I have a couple things planned :D

Started today getting it off the ground for an inspection & cleanup. Pulled the carpet and seats and vacuumed the interior. Washed the wheels and put into storage. Lots of work ahead.

2013112300.jpg

2013112301.jpg

2013112305.jpg

2013112302.jpg

2013112303.jpg

2013112304.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Finally, a picture of a real garage. lol

Are wheel spacers on the pin drive knockoffs common on the Superformance GT40? I am surprised the car is using spacers.
You are inspiring me to get to work on my Cobra brakes.

Last edited:

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Ha yes a garage where work is done and oil occasionally hits the floor. I'd love to have the palace err garage that some on here do. One of these days I will stop working on things in the garage and work on the garage itself.

I am still researching the spacer. Seems some of the SPF cars had them and some did not. I'll call Olthoff this week and see what the deal is. It did deflect the spacer pretty good and will require a new one during assembly. Glad it dinged up the spacer and not the wheel. These cars require some diligence to maintain and enjoy.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Gonna like these pics for a 3rd time, Mike:)
Those rotor bolts came loose on my car as well. So much so that one was actually missing when my wheels were off the last time??? Not even sure how that's possible unless the last owner/last service for some reason removed the rotor and forgot to replace one of them.

That car is just sex. Color is perfect.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Thanks Ed I'm a little surprised they are not floating rotors. I never got far enough into my FGT to know that it had a similar setup. I'll see what Olthoff says maybe a little blue Loctite is needed.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Finally, a picture of a real garage. lol

I'm embarrassed to say that mine is a working garage

View attachment 32101

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I'm embarrassed to say that mine is a working garage

same here..... must be the engineer in us :cheers
DSC00189.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Have you had the wheels off the car before?

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Yes, many times