Macintosh - Clock Question

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I consulted the owner's manual but couldn't determine how to set the clock so that it remains on even if the radio is off. Can this be done? If so how?

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Good question Joe,
It would be nice (expected) to have the clock visable, But, I don't think it can be done.

Townshend

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
The Mac has a clock? All this time I thought the lack of a clock was part of it's vintage "charm."

Granted for 4k it should have a clock, GPS, backup camera, DVD player, SD RAM Slot, Sat Radio, Surround Sound, Microwave, Massage Unit, Kitchen Sink, etc etc etc....

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
What Clock? When you close the door it is "GT TIME". No Clock, No cup holder, No seat heater, just GT Time....

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
The cupholder is between your legs.............

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Would be nice if the clock was always on, I just leave the radio at 0 volume.
I had to pay my dealer to change the time when DST came around :willy

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
ACRJoe said:
I consulted the owner's manual but couldn't determine how to set the clock so that it remains on even if the radio is off. Can this be done? If so how?

I don't believe this is possible. And pushing the buttons while driving is impractical and dangerous.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry guys, the clock is only on if the radio is turned on. If you go through the manual slowly (cause it is hard decifering the directions), you can set the clock to come on after showing what the station or CD track is playing; or you can have clock only or station/CD track only. I also leave the volume at 0 to see what time it is in case I don't have my watch on. It dims quite a bit when you turn the lights on, so if you like to have your parking lights on, like many of you did in Dearborn, it's hell to see.