Leffingwell book on SHELBY

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Just saw the Leffingwell book called SHELBY, hardbound, in all the chian bookstores. There is the old Ford GT40 in it, and the Mk. IV .. The color pictures David Newhardt shot for it of restored Shelbys and Cobras are very good but the prose is all old stuff, no new stories, and I was shocked that Leffingwell mis-identified in captions the King Cobras, not once but several times, showing a Lotus 19 of Dan Gurneys and saying that is a King Cobra even though he had an accurately labeled black and white historical picture of the real Cooper based King Cobra in the book as well.I think this kind of mistake happens because he doesn't want to show the book to an expert before publication lest he compromise his info but now he has a flawed product.

The '07 Shelby GT500 is covered but no mention of how Shelby was consulted on the new Ford GT. I was hoping for a more behind-the-scenes book...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I caught that as well, and I am far from an expert. Trevor Legate and several true 'published authors and experts frequent CLUBCOBRA and FORDGT40 forums. For whatever reason the new GT hasn't been accepted at the GT40 forum. To bad for them.