Kenne Bell front drive kit

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
Anyone out there considering the new Kenne Bell front drive kits? Looks like an interesting setup and it's not that bad of a price. Just wondering if this is something you guys would consider doing instead of putting on a whole new blower.

http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/Ford_GT/Ford_GT.htm

Ken

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
How much is it?

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
Black GT said:
How much is it?

List price on the kit is $2299

Of course there are some complementary parts that you would need to go along with it, labor and tuning, but at that price I think it's pretty damn reasonable.

We are coming on as an advertiser, so once we are, I'll go ahead and put together some different package deals for you guys.

Ken

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Wow, the more info the better

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
californiacuda said:
Wow, the more info the better

Here's the kit in a nutshell.

With the stock blower, you can only go so small on the pulley because of the stock snout. So what Kenne Bell seems to have done is create a new snout with more clearance to allow for a smaller pulley than what is possible with the stock blower.

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
KenBMD said:
Here's the kit in a nutshell.

With the stock blower, you can only go so small on the pulley because of the stock snout. So what Kenne Bell seems to have done is create a new snout with more clearance to allow for a smaller pulley than what is possible with the stock blower.

Here is another benefit from their site.

"The drive and pulley assembly can be quickly and easily removed with six 6mm screws for quick, easy pulley swaps."

So once you put this on, you can change pullies without pulling the entire blower. I'm just going off of what information is available on the site since I haven't actually used one. Any volunteers? :)

Ken

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
KenBMD said:
Any volunteers? :)

I ordered mine last week..:)

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Can someone please explain why you don't need a shorter belt when you swap the stock pulley for a smaller one?

Thanks,

Rob

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
one of 101 said:
I ordered mine last week..:)

Ok, let me rephrase

Any volunteers that want to bring the car here? :biggrin
What are you doing for tuning? Using the KB flash? Not sure I would feel comfortable with mail order tune in this case.

Gierkink,

Depends on the size pulley. For the car we did, it wasn't a big enough of a change to require a new belt. But I would suspect you would need one with the 2.5" pulley that you can use with the KB. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

Ken

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
On the Kenne Bell website they mention a power steering spacer to increase the belt tension when going with a 2.5" pulley