Jay's truly GT Saver used today

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
What a week and its only Tuesday. Yesterday the Carolina Hurricanes lost again to the Canadians making that game probably the last home game of the only professional sport team in Raleigh as the next two games are being played up North....

My daughter also had a wrist pin let loose on her Trans Am which caused her mom to give her my daily driver while the TA is being repaired. The good part is that this left me with the GT to drive to work - which always is a good thing.

While turning on a side street I heard a loud POP much like a .22 rifle shot casued by a 2"x 3/8 Pan Head Bolt to be lodged squarely in the drivers rear tire. Couple of calls later and re-arranging the schedule allowed me to slip out to get the tire repaired so off I went "clackity clack" to the tire shop...

It took three 2x6's to get the rear tire and section of the car high enough to place a jack under the GT from the rear in the center of the diffuser to the jacking points using Jay's GT Saver on the jack pad. When jacking - the whole back end was raised thus defeating the emergency brake and "in gear" locking. In summary the connection to the car and "locking to the jack" was Jay's GT Saver. Essentially the whole car was in a free and movable state.

I can only imagine what could have happened without the centering and connection of the GT Saver against the jacking point. Best piece of insurance I bought so far for the GT!

GREAT IDEA AND PRODUCT JAY! :thumbsup

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
GT Saver!

MAD IN NC said:
What a week and its only Tuesday. Yesterday the Carolina Hurricanes lost again to the Canadians making that game probably the last home game of the only professional sport team in Raleigh as the next two games are being played up North....

My daughter also had a wrist pin let loose on her Trans Am which caused her mom to give her my daily driver while the TA is being repaired. The good part is that this left me with the GT to drive to work - which always is a good thing.

While turning on a side street I heard a loud POP much like a .22 rifle shot casued by a 2"x 3/8 Pan Head Bolt to be lodged squarely in the drivers rear tire. Couple of calls later and re-arranging the schedule allowed me to slip out to get the tire repaired so off I went "clackity clack" to the tire shop...

It took three 2x6's to get the rear tire and section of the car high enough to place a jack under the GT from the rear in the center of the diffuser to the jacking points using Jay's GT Saver on the jack pad. When jacking - the whole back end was raised thus defeating the emergency brake and "in gear" locking. In summary the connection to the car and "locking to the jack" was Jay's GT Saver. Essentially the whole car was in a free and movable state.

I can only imagine what could have happened without the centering and connection of the GT Saver against the jacking point. Best piece of insurance I bought so far for the GT!

GREAT IDEA AND PRODUCT JAY! :thumbsup
MAD IN NC,

Wow! What a week indeed... I was sitting on the edge of my chair while I was reading you story. I am glad that your GT was repaired and you GT Saver worked as designed!

Thanks for sharing a great story!

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Jay,
Just got my 4 today. Thanks, Larry