Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC

Last edited:

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Interesting.......
I am in the "Gauge" business and these GT Gauges will be useless to all but GT owners as they are CAN Bus technology. They need an spacific ECU to operate them. Another point is they were probably warrantee returns to the Mfgr.

As for the Window Sticker it looks like the usual Dealer BS.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Question would you really want one of the first hundred GT's. This one no doubt has the billet suspension pieces which I would not want. I have been told our post recall suspension is stronger. Am I correct?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
centerpunch said:
I'm sure all the "fixed" suspension parts are plenty strong.

This car is a 2006, so it would have the new production parts, not the interim parts (if indeed there were interim parts).

I asked the dealer about the window sticker, here's the reply:

That's a good question, but easily explainable. When the vehicle is built, it is because a dealership ordered it. Being a small town dealership, we didn't get allocation to order one. Ford Motor Company built a few that were not marked for any particular dealer. These are part of the first 100 built. The dealerships with the best customer service scores are entered into a lottery and the winning dealership (us, Hood River Ford) then got assigned the car. We are invoiced for it but the window sticker was printed without a price. I hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me anytime at 888-873-7557. Ask for Steph or the General Manager, Treasa.

busted... your 100% correct, for some reason I thought it was one of the first 100 GT's built in 2005, obviously this is a 2006, me very bad.

question... the factory window sticker is required by Federal law, but doesn't it have to have a msrp? anyone know?