Intercity Transport is taking my GT for a ride

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I feel like a little kid waiting for my first car. I purchased the car over 2 weeks ago and it is still not here. The transporter picked it up a week ago in Oklahoma and was to be here today or tomorrow. Then they said Thursday or Friday. Today they say Friday or Saturday. I told them enough... get the car here. I know their trick, They get in an area like LA and pick up a bunch of shorter haul trips and make extra money while mu car goes for a ride.

Geezzzeeee

JAM-GT

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2005
Intercity

Hey WhiteBlue,

I just bought a white and blue GT this week and was trying to get transport quotes (Minneapolis to Seattle). I was going to contact Intercity Lines tomorrow based on Epinions reviews. May I ask what the charge is for your haul (Oklahoma to where?)? The dealership that I'm buying it from got a quote for $2650 for enclosed delivery from a transport company that apparently shipped the car from the factory to them. Seemed a bit high.

Sorry that you're having to wait. I'm sure that I'll be going through the same thing. Thanks for your response in advance.

JAM

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
For the best rates try Fred Koller at Concours. It seems, that all these companies take a tour. I was lucky, my car showed up at the dealer in Ohio without notice. I called Fred, he had cars he was picking up that broke down on the Hot Rod Power Tour, he picked up my car three days later, it still took him two weeks before he dropped it off.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
FWIW, I used Reliable Transport from Alabama to Arizona. I understand that they do a lot of the factory transport. Fee was $1200. The car arrived about 36 hours after it was picked up. They were team drivers and I was the first stop on the way to Vegas. Good thing, too -- I was so impatient that I couldn't have waited an extra minute. Believe me, the wait will be worth it! :thumbsup

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
Heh. I was so impatient I went and bought it from a dealer in the area.