If You Could Choose

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida
There has been a lot of conversation on the forum on the best way to allocate and who should have the first chance at these cars. That's normal cause we all wanna get an invite to the party. At the same time, it seems reasonable to say that all of you current FGT owners have certainly enjoyed the rarity and value increase in your cats over the last 8 or 9 years. I almost bought one two or thtee years ago but never did because it would have been a pretty unjustifiably large chunk of money for my economic situation. That being the case, I'm looking forward to buying this model, assuming this becomes a possibility for me.

All that being said, I'm curious, would you guys rather see this car produced in such a volume that it costs around 200k but at a volume on par with something like an r8, or sold around 300k with extremely limited production and only about a 50/50 shot of getting one? The first scenario guarantees the ability to buy but is also less exclusive and ensures typical car depreciation. The second guarantees (or something close to) future value and exclusivity, but only gives you a 50% chance of actually owning one.

I know this is a huge hypothetical but I was curious, as currentgt owners, about your perspective.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I would like to see a volume where after the initial hysteria, buying at MSRP would be a possibility.

Sounds unlikely at 1200.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I think the original 05' thru '06 production numbers of 4200 seemed to hit a sweet spot.

There is still demand 8 years later, but I think the production numbers and eventual pricing are going to be driven by method of production, not the cost to produce. That said, it will be a much more limited production car, whether we like it or not.