I think we have another Lamborghini owner converted...

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I understand that another lamborghini owner (clax) just purchased a GT. What gives? I can't believe how many italian supercar owners are buying fords...

Congrats CLAX! I just wonder how often the lambo's going to get driven now?

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
converting means renouncing... non lo so...

abolfaz said:
I understand that another lamborghini owner (clax) just purchased a GT. What gives? I can't believe how many italian supercar owners are buying fords...

Congrats CLAX! I just wonder how often the lambo's going to get driven now?
Not sure if the GT can convert, but certainly excite and stand up next to the italian stallions.. I'lll always have Ferraris, no matter what. But luckily most garages we tend to like have more than one place in it..

But agree, the Gt is immediately a prime contender for most loved in the stable! :lol

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
Here's what's great about the GT and why it appeals to lambo owners
Top 10 List:
1) Unique exotic look/ draws attention, and rare don't see many on the road)
2) Pricey but not priced as high as Ferraris and Lambos
3) Great options for servicing (much easiser to find service facilities)
4) Great upgrade potential/customizing potential- lambos tuners and upgrades are few and far between
5) Outstanding performance
6) Still qualifies as a true exotic in most people's book
7) history/heritage
8) No frills racing look and feel in cockpit and exterior
9) Replacement parts cost are more reasonable (for racing enthusiasts)
10) A TON OF FUN TO DRIVE! Much more exilarating than an AWD Lambo.

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks Abolfaz! I can't wait until it arrives in my garage! I would bet that I'll be running in the Ford GT for a while before jumping in the Lambo again (simply because it's "the new kid on the block").

The Ford GT is one hell of a car, and anybody that tells you "it's just a Ford" isn't a true sports car enthusiast and probably drives an 87 Civic. This car rocks and I am pumped about it. And from a patriotic standpoint, is makes me proud to drive a North American product that is truly a world class (dare I say) supercar.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I actually find myself cleaning the blue oval on the front when no one is looking... :thumbsup

I never felt this way about any of the italian cars that I've owned.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Welcome Clax. Seems we have a group of Lambo and Viper owners. I have never owned either. I want a Muira but haven't found a great one that I am ready to pay tha 'ask' on.

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks bony. The Miura is a sweet car. Don't be shy about the pricing on them. Those cars will only appreciate. It is regarded as the most beautiful exotic of all time. And the fact that Lambo has scrapped the idea of producing a new Miura will help protect the exclusivity of the original Miura's.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Clax said:
Thanks bony. The Miura is a sweet car. Don't be shy about the pricing on them. Those cars will only appreciate. It is regarded as the most beautiful exotic of all time. And the fact that Lambo has scrapped the idea of producing a new Miura will help protect the exclusivity of the original Miura's.

Thanks Clax, just a budget issue now, the recently restored ones are very $$$.
I missed a couple of opportunities and I am kicking myself in the butt. There is a purple on that belonged to the Shah of Iran and it is one of the hotest cars I have ever seen. By the way, I think your personal plates are great :wink

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Clax said:

Didn't Lambo admit that the Miura design was inspired by the GT40? Even if they didn't, it's pretty obvious. Therefore most GT owners will probably be Miura fans also.