HOT GT at SEMA!!!!

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
WOW!!!
I think it was only there on the Thursday and then it was sold and towed away...

x-asanti%20118%20greySmall.jpg

:tongue :tongue

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
opps... I was there, but missed it...
you wouldn't be pulling my leg just a wee bit?

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
bony said:
you wouldn't be pulling my leg just a wee bit?

Ha ha ha...
Just showing off my Photoshop skills..:)
But I'm trying to get me a set of those wheels in real life... 22" rears and 20" fronts

BMC Extreme Customs

Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Nice Photoshop skills. To get those wheels for the GT, you'll need to get someone like HRE or Forged Wheels or JLine to customize them for you. Personally I would prefer a bigger lip in the front wheels. I also like faded black, not glossy...something that many people don't have and is underappreciated (IMO).

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC,

Thanks...
The wheel I've used for the front is the same picture as I used on the rear, but I removed the lip due to the fact that the GT has a very high backspacing, which again makes it hard to find wheels for the front.

If you look at the standard wheels on the GT it clearly showes that in order to clear the caliper, a lip on the front is NO GO... The backspacing is something between 6.5" to 7" (haven't had my wheel off yet)

On the mat gloss finish comment you did indeed read my mind.
This is what I want...

6-sema_205.jpg

BTW are those HRE's?? (can't really tell)

BMC Extreme Customs

Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
They look like HRE wheels (black and white centercaps with HRE logo). Probably Model 545R. I love the way the hardware shows. My favorite wheels...hard to find anything that is simple and extreme, yet sophisticated and clean.

BTW: I sell HRE Wheels through my company, BMC Extreme Customs. If you are interested, let me know and I'll provide you with a quote. My e-mail is bstoffel@bmcextremecustoms.com.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
BMC, be interesting to see a set on a GT once you worked out the clearance issues.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
one of 101 said:
BTW are those HRE's?? (can't really tell)

Ya, they're HRE's. My cousin has almost the same wheels (not as deep dished) in 18" for street driving on his cobra.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think that for a GT i would prefer the wheels without the rivits... would look a little more racey...

Dave@EFI

Oct 21, 2005
Hawaii
Asanti makes those wheels.....they look sweet on that GT.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Bony... how is the shoulder feeling? Hope you are getting better after your surgery.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Jerry,... doing better than I expected, thanks for asking. Be a while before I arm wrestle anyone or doing one handed push ups. For now I am sitting in a chair called cpm machine that rotates the shoulder and typing with one hand...
but, this will also pass. Cheers, daniel :biggrin

BMC Extreme Customs

Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Bony,

HRE seems to have fixed any issues with their wheels fitting in the GT. Do you expect to use the factory tires or go larger?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Greetings,
Go larger, most likely with Pirelli but for the time being just change the wheels if possible. The rubber I have now is brand new. Thanks, Daniel