** Heritage GT For Sale ! **

rickisapilot

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Hey guys, Due to a personal situation unrelated to my car, I've decided to sell my Heritage GT (ouch!). I purchased this car in June, just a couple of days after the dealer received it (#1284). All options with red calipers. 700 *very pampered* miles. Garaged & covered at my residence in Chicago, about 10mins from O'Hare. This car is a GEM & I love it, but my present situation makes selling a logical choice. I am willing to negotiate a reasonable and fair price, maybe 8-10K under MSRP? I am an airline pilot & the best way to reach me is my cellphone: 773-406-8449. If you get my voicemail, leave a message & I will call you when I land! You can also PM me here, or: rickisapilot@aol.com but I am away from this forum & email during trips.

Once I start moving ahead on this (and it took a lot of soul searching to get to this point), I'm considering autotrader.com, but I'd kind of like to stay away from ebay. Anyone with any suggestions or comments on marketing or pricing?

I tried to upload new photos in the gallery, but now I get "file size too large" messages. I have photos, but of course you all know what a Heritage GT is :wink This car is beautiful!

----Rick (773-406-8449)

Last edited:

rsilverman

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
new jersey
My own take on your situation: Looking at Ebay, which I agree wouldn't be my first option, (although I have sold two cars succesfully on Ebay) I'd think you may have to settle on a little less than you expect. There's still a fair amount of inventory out there. On the positive side though, you've had the car for a while, without any significat issues I assume, and you have the updated bolts/washers on your axle due to your build date....I'd just bite the bullet and go to autotrader now. Don't wait too long to consider Ebay since we're getting into the fall/winter and exotic sales will naturally slow down.
Good luck
Rob

rickisapilot

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Thanks for the suggestions. When I get the time, I will post on autotrader.com. If I can't get a sale done over the next couple of months, keeping the car garaged & well cared for through the winter wouldn't be a problem since I have a clean, dry, heated garage. Maybe the market would be better in the Spring anyway. This was kind of a painful decision to sell, however, and the feeling of resigned sadness will likely continue until the car is on its way to a good home. Anyway, in the meantime if anyone knows of someone looking for a nice Heritage at a good price, send them my way!

----Rick

Last edited:

rickisapilot

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
SOLD MY HERITAGE

Sold my Heritage GT! Very mixed emotions. MAY I PLEASE STAY AS A SPECTATOR OR PREVIOUS OWNER? ........PLEASE? :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Please hang around, hopefully you will get another GT, maybe a lightweight version with no stripes :wink