HELP!!!!!!!!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
In a few weeks I’m running the Big Bend Open Road Race again in my GT500. It needs an oil and filter change before the race and it seems like the entire country has the filters on back-order with restocking dates unknown. The model is Ford FL 2087. Anyone out there got one?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
They pop up occasionally on the GT500 forum.

(224) Ford Shelby GT500 Forum (fordgt500.com)

Last one somebody listed was $300.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
In Houston, Texas, Sterling McCall has one and Tomball Ford has three in stock as of this morning! Get Em!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Never mind, I thought you were asking about the FGT filter.

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
In Houston, Texas, Sterling McCall has one and Tomball Ford has three in stock as of this morning! Get Em!
As I told you Tomy, Sterling McCall indeed has one but they won’t sell it because the CEO has a GT500 too! Tomball Ford has none even though their inventory shows three. The search continues!

Reactions: THamonGT

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Go over to the GT500 forum and one of the guys will help you out. Just explain your situation and that you are in need to make the race. Great group of guys. PM Goose, the moderator, and he may help out as he always has a stash of extras. Good luck. Another Ford blunder on the supply chain side.

Reactions: THamonGT and 2112

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Fingers crossed, but a Prince-Amongst-Men is delivering one this weekend; thanks Paul! Crazy that there must be a boatload of GT350s and 500s out there with the same issue. WTF Ford?

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Yes, what the heck is going on.
Should be common items impossible to get. Could it be because of all the EV infrastructure and developments? Whatever the hell it is, it is effecting 05/06 and NGTs as well for all parts. Ford needs to step it up and at least take care of its flagship legacy cars and its owners. Other margues are doing it and even offer full restorations.
And the Ford faithful can't get a lousy oil filler. If I had one it would be yours at least for a spare.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
2 available here:

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
2 available here:

OUCH!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
This is crazy!!!!!

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Many will probably beat me up on this, But...
If your engine is fine, in a pinch as you describe, you can drain the engine oil and just leave the filter as is. The filter very most likely has nothing in it and is fine. If it is contaminated, then you most likely have engine problems. Airplane engines only use screens, no filters, they run fine. A bit of trivia. DC3 airplane engines have an oil screen. As I recall, the screen is not to be cleaned until a pressure differential across it is at a certain level. The contaminants trapped in the screen are used as the filter media.
See DC3 oil filter/screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Special K

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I started doing oil analysis at 30,000 miles. Based on that data, I now change my oil and filter about 10,000 miles. I also randomly cut open the filter, and haven’t seen any metal in it yet. Certainly , if you are changing oil every 5,000 miles, I wouldn’t hesitate to keep the filter in for at least 10,000 miles.

Reactions: Stef and HighHP

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Score!81084A6E-D5F6-4475-ABBF-DEF451DD8597.jpeg