GT Configuration Combinations

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
With the new GT configurator now live and we can really get an idea of how these cars can be ordered, I got to thinking... How many ways can you order a new GT, and how does that compare to the 05 06s.

Looking at every combination of 8 paint colors, 7 stripe color, 5 wheel style/color, 3 carbon trim finish, 5 brake caliper color and 4 interior colors, if every combination of these is available together (not including ones where a paint and stripe color are the exact same), there will be 18,300 different ways to order a new GT, based on the configurator!

Looking back at 2005 and 06, in 2005, there was 288 ways to order a GT and in 2006, there was 289 ways to order one - I think (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

That said, we're likely to see a LOT more different GTs this time around and probably some very rare combinations, to0

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm on 11,288 and I am not going to stop until I look at all 18,300 options :willy

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
:biggrinThis is really fun - Keep coming back to white. Would be cool to see a heritage.:thumbsup

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I'm on 11,288 and I am not going to stop until I look at all 18,300 options :willy

LOL I'm right there with ya. :thumbsup

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
I've never been a big fan of the stripes, but I do like the looks of the wide-stripe version better than the ones now available. Maybe the wider version will become an option on the later year models.
2016-ford-gt-supercar[1].jpg

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
I've never been a big fan of the stripes, but I do like the looks of the wide-stripe version better than the ones now available. Maybe the wider version will become an option on the later year models.
View attachment 41931

I completely agree with you.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I agree - wide stripes look better. I recall they used narrow stripes on the GT500 for one or two years or maybe it was Boss 302 and compared to the wider stripes on the other GT500s it just didn't look right.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Buy a no striper and for a few hundred dollars of vinyl you can have your stipes any width you want. Then, if it goes like the 05-06 models, your no striper will eventually end up worth more money....

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
With so many options available this time and owners ONLY configuring their finished product, my guess this car wont be as color or option price sensitive as the '05/6.